What are you going to do the day KSP2 is released?

What are you going to do the day KSP2 is released?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to do the day KSP2 is released?

• Buy it instantly and play all day
    • Wait for reviews or other people to say it's good
    • Not buy it for a while
    • Never going to buy KSP2

3 minutes ago, Feye said:

There's no point in just throwing money at a dev/publisher *before* I know what I get myself into.

That's why refunds are a vital tool with hyped games.

8 minutes ago, Master39 said:

That's why refunds are a vital tool with hyped games.

No, that's why watching content creators (who probably get the game for free anyway) is vital for "hyped" games.

And you can bet your left buttcheek twitch and YT will be full of KSP2 when it releases :D

48 minutes ago, Feye said:

No, that's why watching content creators (who probably get the game for free anyway) is vital for "hyped" games.

And you can bet your left buttcheek twitch and YT will be full of KSP2 when it releases :D

I don't trust paid advertising.

10 minutes ago, Feye said:

And I don't trust developers/publishers before I can see the (at least somewhat) finished product.

Neither do I, that's why I try hands on and I refund if the game is not up to what I expected, without having to thrust any third party.

None of the above exactly, something between options 3 and 4.

What I'm going to do is go play something with a native GNU/Linux port, and completely ignore KSP2 until it also has one. Then I'll wait to see if it's full of bees before I even consider buying it.

If KSP2 doesn't get a native port, that'll be a solid "never going to buy".

Edited by steve_v

The day it's released, I'll likely go down to the common room for my weekly bingo game with the ladies before my 4pm appointment with the nurses for a sponge bath at ye ole' retirement home.  That evening, they'll bring me a cupcake for my 80th birthday.

I'm 37.  

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest plan for KSP 2 is try out Multiplayer with a few friends and see how similarly I can recreate a Elite Dangerous styled gameplay with Colonies, Stations

where everyone has their own personal exploration ships, It would be pretty awesome :)

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 11:59 PM, Master39 said:
  1. Hours 0-2: Start a Sandbox, do a couple of suborbital flights, an orbital one and a fast Mun mission, just to test if the game is still Kerbal and worth Keeping

I'm going to avoid doing this, as I want to be able to see the new parts for the first time when I'm unlocking the tech tree. If I was to see one of the new engines while in the VAB, it'd be too hard to resist.

4 hours ago, areallyFATcow said:

I'm going to avoid doing this, as I want to be able to see the new parts for the first time when I'm unlocking the tech tree. If I was to see one of the new engines while in the VAB, it'd be too hard to resist.

I'd like to, but since I can't trust general gaming reviewers because Kerbal is probably out of their reach and I can't trust KSP content creators since on KSP2 depends the future of their channels but I still want to play it ASAP I have to use the refund window to actually test the game.

But KSP1 parts only, my bar is very low, I just want the game to be better at being KSP1 than KSP1, all the new features and parts are extra and can be fixed later with updates and mods.

16 hours ago, Master39 said:

I'd like to, but since I can't trust general gaming reviewers because Kerbal is probably out of their reach and I can't trust KSP content creators since on KSP2 depends the future of their channels but I still want to play it ASAP I have to use the refund window to actually test the game.

But KSP1 parts only, my bar is very low, I just want the game to be better at being KSP1 than KSP1, all the new features and parts are extra and can be fixed later with updates and mods.

Agreed! I hope ksp 2 can improve on ksp 1's original system and parts. The interstellar stuff at this point might as well be sprinkles. At this point I have about 150 hours in ksp enhanced edition, and I have done a lot: went to duna, ike, eve, jool, and of course the mun. I have set up a relay network, launched rovers, and destroyed many vessels. 

Where am I going with this? Well, even though all of this will be familiar in ksp 2, I can't wait to do it again! And if I still find joy in that in ksp 2, then I know it has surpassed ksp 1.

On the day it comes out I'm going to:

Wake up, then go back into bed to remember what was happening today.

When I do Il spring up with full force jump out of bed, run to my PC with no regard for my still sleeping family, go to the KSP website, and force my parents to pay 60 bucks for it because I'm literally broke online.

Play without pause for...a very long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The day it comes out, I will most likely spend the available portion of the day researching to see if it's really worth it, If I decide yes, then I'll play it as much as I can for the rest of the day.

Probably will end up being the guy who creates all of the wiki pages. Speaking of which, I should start helping in writing down all of the information to the wiki, even if its only the stats from the game.

Perhaps in the same day, I'll play with my cousins, doing our much anticipated space race.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:45 PM, Master39 said:

Neither do I, that's why I try hands on and I refund if the game is not up to what I expected, without having to thrust any third party.

Or be patient and wait for public reviews. I'm not touching KSP2 until there's reviews.