What are you going to do the day KSP2 is released?

What are you going to do the day KSP2 is released?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to do the day KSP2 is released?

• Buy it instantly and play all day
    • Wait for reviews or other people to say it's good
    • Not buy it for a while
    • Never going to buy KSP2

When KSP2 is finally released, I'll take the day off college (or work, if it gets delayed long enough), lock my door, grab $60, close the forum tab, close reviews, close all chrome tabs, download KSP2, and play for a few hours.

Then I'll probably hop on here and join in with everyone talking about how awesome it is. (Yeah I'm optimistic about the final game)

I already have a gigantic list of YT content. I will probably spend three days just not doing anything but KSP 2. I do have some major tests I am having plan for in 2022 tho :/

1. Pre-order and preload the game (I have a slow connection)
  2. Take a couple of paid vacation days at work 
  3.  Go into radio silence mode, no forum, no articles, no reviews, only me and the game.
  4. Hours 0-2: Start a Sandbox, do a couple of suborbital flights, an orbital one and a fast Mun mission, just to test if the game is still Kerbal and worth Keeping
  5. Delete the save and start a Progression/Adventure/Career one if it passes the test, refund it (thanks Steam!) and wait a few weeks if it doesn't.

Assuming it's gonna launch on Friday, I'm probably gonna spend entire evening and most likely half of the night playing. And then most of Saturday. And Sunday. That's how it is with new games. Clocking a day of playtime in three days.

53 minutes ago, JIMMY_the_DOG said:

I dont not want KSP 2 to come out

I can't quite tell if you mean 'I want KSP2 to come out' or 'I don't want KSP2 to come out'.

54 minutes ago, JIMMY_the_DOG said:

I'm not a fan of KSP2's GUI

We've only seen early development screenshots so far, so the UI is very subject to change. And I'm sure there'll be a 'classic UI' mod at some point.

53 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I can't quite tell if you mean 'I want KSP2 to come out' or 'I don't want KSP2 to come out'.

Sorry, it was sort of a disclaimer. I do want KSP2 to come out

53 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

We've only seen early development screenshots so far, so the UI is very subject to change. And I'm sure there'll be a 'classic UI' mod at some point.

True.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:07 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I already have a gigantic list of YT content. I will probably spend three days just not doing anything but KSP 2. I do have some major tests I am having plan for in 2022 tho :/

I plan to just post Universe Sandbox content or KSO content.

I'll wait for reviews and the youtube kermmunity to get their hands on.  Then I'll buy it myself and admire the pretty before stuck into a new campaign.  I seriously hope not just for new stuff but refinement of what KSP does so well.  (that said I want new stuff too, am excited).

KSP 2 is the only video game I've been excited for in years. However, I do not plan on buying it instantly. If the reviews are good and the game is mostly bug-free, then I will absolutely buy it as soon as possible. Worst case scenario is that the game is released as No Man's Sky 2. 

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

As in, worthy successor of a game that has been supported for years for free after bumpy release?

I deeply respect No Man's Sky's development and comeback. I'm just wary that KSP 2 might recreate the release catastrophe. It's not likely to happen, but...:/

Matt Lowne is going to go crazy with this game. At first I said day 1 I would buy, and I probably still will. I do like watching others play a game before I do (I know weird). I am the person who preordered Cyberpunk and to this day I have only played it for 15 minutes because it is so poopy.

I'm going to make an XL bag of popcorn and see how my usual suspect content creators get on with it.

There's no point in just throwing money at a dev/publisher *before* I know what I get myself into.
Also curious to see what further nonsense they come up with for their EULA.