Show and Tell - Colony fuel factories

StarSlay3r

I really like the concept and the modelling of those parts, but I think their purpose isn't really apparent at first glance.

So I thought about logos that could indicate what type of ressources are being produced inside those factories. Some rough ideas :

Nrx5gyU.png

I kept them monochrome, thinking about the fact that we'll be able to paint our colonies.

Of course those are shamelessly inspired by Ron Cobb's work on Alien :)

21 hours ago, Truebadour said:

I really like the concept and the modelling of those parts, but I think their purpose isn't really apparent at first glance.

So I thought about logos that could indicate what type of ressources are being produced inside those factories. Some rough ideas :

Nrx5gyU.png

I kept them monochrome, thinking about the fact that we'll be able to paint our colonies.

Great work! Hoever I think you forgot Metalic Hydrogen, Solid Fuel, and Liqiud fuel.

1 hour ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Great work! Hoever I think you forgot Metalic Hydrogen, Solid Fuel, and Liqiud fuel.

Yeah I didn't do all of them, I just intended to give an idea of the idea I had. It was also an excuse to fire up Illustrator again :P

If people like these I could do some more (for mods, etc...). My skills in vector drawing are actualy quite limited.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, Truebadour said:

Nrx5gyU.png

For the sake of standardisation, Xenon and Helium shouldn't just be letters but instead show a proper icon.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:42 PM, Truebadour said:

Nrx5gyU.png

Oh man, I love how the entire community has just accepted that there will either be Orion drives or else  we'll make them ourselves after launch. I never thought of nukes as a resource but I almost started cackling in the middle of class when I realized what they were for. 

3 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Oh man, I love how the entire community has just accepted that there will either be Orion drives or else  we'll make them ourselves after launch.

Orion drives show up in several KSP 2 development videos, including the original trailer.

On 2/23/2021 at 4:37 PM, Nate Simpson said:

We're gonna do our best. It's a bit of a tightrope, avoiding spoilers and making sure information gets out in the right order and in the right way! But with @KSPStar on the team now, we do have somebody regularly reminding us to keep our eyes open for good stuff to share.

I was wondering when we'll be getting more info on the galaxy, such as the amount of star systems in the galaxy, they galaxy name, stuff like that

@Nate Simpson and @KSPStar

So I guess this means that the Convert-o-tron ISRU system is out?

I had been wondering if it would stay in to add flexibility to lower tech chemical engines, with the higher tech engines requiring a developed colony to support fueling operations alone (not to mention construction of craft using the engine).

I guess we won't have any relatively compact"go-anywhere" (within a system) ships that can make ISRU pit stops to fuel up from asteroids/moons/planets?

Any such ships would need to be massive enough to carry colony modules to set up and then repack?

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

no, its a random kerbal lagging around xD

i fear the worst for game performance....

This was a test scene from months ago. I don’t think it should be taken as an indicator of game performance. 

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.