Forcing encounters with Kraken drive

I'm not sure I understand the question. Why does it matter what kind of drive your craft has?

If you're asking about getting encounters with planets in general, there are a few active discussions about it here:

1 hour ago, Brikoleur said:

I'm not sure I understand the question. Why does it matter what kind of drive your craft has?

If you're asking about getting encounters with planets in general, there are a few active discussions about it here:

It does matter a bit because I can ignore transfer window, but the first topic may work.

1 hour ago, Hatsune said:

Ok guys, now the problem I encounter is that when I tried to force encounters or go super fast, my AN/DN point would go beyond Dres orbit. How would I make it the inclination 0 ? 

you wait until you are in the ascending node and then you burn antinormal, or you burn normal in the descending node. only way to get inclination 0 is to burn exactly at the nodes

Of course, for any rendezvous, you don't actually need the inclination to be 0; but you do need to have the "encounter" at/very near the AN or DN, to be at/very near* the other body. And the further it is from 0, the greater (that component of) the velocity is. For planetary encounters, this results in an inclined orbit so long as you entered its SOI. The less the difference in inclination, the more likely an encounter is, ie it can be less precise in other aspects and still enter SOI.

* 'Very near' could mean, within that planet's SOI; within range to do a manually flown docking approach; or to contact it directly. It goes without saying, you don't actually want to contact the planet directly, most of the time you'd want to not hit it but have a low Pe to minimise the retro burn for an orbit. But you could go direct if you really want - you'd not have much choice of landing site though.

1 hour ago, Hatsune said:

How would I make it the inclination 0 ? 

With infinite deltaV? Just point normal or antinormal and burn, err...kraken?! Whatever! 

Add this normal/antinormal component while you accelerate towards the target planet and keep an eyes for where the AN/DN go.

10 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

With infinite deltaV? Just point normal or antinormal and burn, err...kraken?! Whatever! 

Add this normal/antinormal component while you accelerate towards the target planet and keep an eyes for where the AN/DN go.

Sure, I will give it a try. Oh, I did that with my departure push, but I never got that to zero. It went close,  but not quite

Edited by Hatsune

22 hours ago, Hatsune said:

Sure, I will give it a try. Oh, I did that with my departure push, but I never got that to zero. It went close,  but not quite

probably you were not exactly on the node, then. the closer you are to the node, the closer you can get to 0. if you burn a bit away from the node, it will start moving away from you. i assume you started burning, and the node moved. in which case the better thing is to stop burning and wait until you are on the node again.

ok, i always burn before the node, because this way the node will move forward, and i can stop the burn and reach the node again in a short time. if you did your burn after the node, moving it behind you, it gets a bit more complicated. in which case you have to push one of the nodes towards the intercept point

here i gave a more detailed explanation on interplanetary transfer, including dealing with inclination.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:37 AM, magnemoe said:

With mechjeb you can use porkshops and get burns with very high velocities, your dV is limited in how long you bother to burn here. 
Used it with orion pulse nuclear and 20-50 km/s burns with few problems. 

I am using docking port drive, so I got infinite range.

2 hours ago, Hatsune said:

I am using docking port drive, so I got infinite range.

Yes, but you are still limited to how long you want to burn :)
And it give you an intercept, you can always add another node afterward to get there faster but remember you have to spend time stopping to. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.