Danny2462 Would Probably Like This... ...And I Found This and though it was funny.

Dr. Kerbal

I was browsing through the internet one day and I though I would check out on some KSP2 news. I went to the KSP website and I quickly went through all the pages. However the Job page got me. Not because I need a job because of a particular parts of the description it said:

The QA Tester will work closely with all other disciplines on the development team to verify KSP 2 is built as intended and at high quality.  This role will communicate with team members, attempt to break everything they touch, and make sure players have as smooth an experience as possible from the floor of Kerbin to the farthest reaches of space!

Now the part were it says (in red). Now, it says " attempt to break everything they touch ". This  made me laugh a lot (im not sure why :0.0: maybe I am crazy) but then I though of all bugs in Kerbal Space Program. Then that reminded of me of Danny2462. You know. the youtuber, and his videos (which I enjoy very much). And I was thinking, what kind of awesome bugs could Danny2462 unleash or find. Huh. I guess we all find bugs. Hm. Im not sure why I posted this.

58 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

The QA Tester will work closely with all other disciplines on the development team to verify KSP 2 is built as intended and at high quality.  This role will communicate with team members, attempt to break everything they touch, and make sure players have as smooth an experience as possible from the floor of Kerbin to the farthest reaches of space!

I'm KSP1, not KSP2, and I am not really allowed to talk about my job, but I think I can safely say... Yes, that is part of the job discription!!!  :D

20 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Rockets are normally built right side up, so build it upside down. Rockets are supposed to fly up, so fly it down. The pod is supposed to be the root part, so make the tail fin the root part. Etc. etc.

Should the planet move? Or would the rocket kraken through.

8 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Whoever has this job I salute you!

Thanks!  I really don't know what's happening in the other studio, but we have an amazingly dedicated team.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:34 PM, MechBFP said:

Rockets are normally built right side up, so build it upside down. Rockets are supposed to fly up, so fly it down. The pod is supposed to be the root part, so make the tail fin the root part. Etc. etc.

That's about right... lol   :valhappy:

Product testers do need to take their job very seriously though. As fun as encountering a strange problem is (think about the troubles I had on JNSQ's Krel for instance), repeatedly invoking and documenting the problem is a major chore. You have to get it right so the developers can consistently reproduce and fix the problem. This is why the current KSP bug tracker is how it is, and why a frequent refrain from add-on developers is, "No logs, no support."

David Murray goes into detail on his recent retro game "Attack of the PETSCII Robots." Especially the bartender robot analogy.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk

Oo! I know if people say KSP2 should release it for Beta testing they should. But they should only give it to Danny2462. Cause he can test and see if anything works unfolded the weirdest conditions.

Dear devs:

I am trying to build a scale model of a functioning teletype using rocket parts but every time the decoder intersects itself the physics lags and then the game crashes. I want to do this interaction at 5hz.

Every time I land on the runway backwards and try to stop using brakes, I accelerate. 

I can only stack 255 kerbals on top of one another before the bottom one gets squished.

If I name my vessel "system32.dll" while in Multiplayer,  my friend's operating system crashes. But it doesn't happen if she tries to do the same to me.

Edited by starcaptain