Let's Speculate on Minimum and Recommended System Requirements

Wubslin

6 hours ago, dave1904 said:

I have 130 mods and the game almost never crashes. When it does its compatiblity problems and not memory related. I just upgraded from 16 to 32 and it had 0 impact. I think for you it's specific mods causing issues and not the amount. 

I know TweakScale clashes wtih B9 part switch I already reported it. Probably others but it's impossible to find which one as many of them are dependecies for others and even if I manage to remove some my game won't load. I try to keep only well know mods and updated.
But in all games that come with mods this is to be expected, lots of memory load and possible crashes. Cities Skylines was the worst...

Edited by alphaprior

我认为,电脑的性能应该好些,因为坎巴拉太空计划太烧显卡。看完KSP2的宣传片后,我觉得你把1080Ti的显卡也换吧,内存最好8G(刚买来的吧!)装MOD至少6G(不然你就把你电脑埋了吧)

[Added Translation]
I think the performance of the computer should be better, because the Kerbal space program burns too much graphics card. After watching the KSP2 promotional video, I think you should also change the 1080Ti graphics card, the best memory is 8G (just bought it!) MOD installed at least 6G (or you just buried your computer)

Edited by James Kerman
Added Translation

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know the official system requiem ends for KSP2. But I think the following.

• A 64 bit processer
  • Window 9 at least
  • Regular Graphics card (maybe?)

PLEASE TELL ME IF I AM MISISNG VERY IMPORTANT AND VITAL INFORMATION OR REQUREMENTS

Edited by Dr. Kerbal
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM MISSING SOMETHING TERRIBLY IMPORTANT!

We have no idea and there's no point buying for it right now with the current supply issues in computer parts. Best to wait until a month or two before release before even stressing over it.

KSP1 minimum requirements:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz | Core i5.

Memory: 4GB RAM | 8GB RAM.

Graphics: DX10 (SM 4.0) 512MB VRAM | DX10 (SM 4.0) 1GB VRAM.

Storage: 3 GB HD space | 4 GB HD space

I am assuming that KSP2 will be much more than that. This is a guess:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 4.0 Ghz | Core i7.

Memory: 8GB RAM | 12GB RAM.

Graphics: DX10 (SM 4.0) 1GB VRAM

Storage: 10 GB HD space | 14 GB HD space.

Could even be SSD required, but this is purely guessing.

6 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

PLEASE TELL ME IF I AM MISISNG VERY IMPORTANT AND VITAL INFORMATION OR REQUREMENTS

Quite

For example, windows 9 doesn't exist.

And what is a regular graphics card? Can it be my 13 years old 8600GT or RTX3090?

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

And what is a regular graphics card? Can it be my 13 years old 8600GT or RTX3090?

I wouldn't put a lot of money on it, because I'm sure someone can dig up some low-power series that will make this seem like unreasonable hyperbole, but I think just about anything that supports DirectX 12 will work. 8600GT is a DX10 era, so that's a bit too old, but a 10 year old GT 440 might actually manage just fine. Might have to cut display resolution way down, though, because fill rate is going to be a problem for something that old, and you'll have to set texture quality to low to save video memory. But provided that these quality settings exist, I think it'll actually do the job.

Obviously, you'll have to get something more recent if you want better visuals than an absolute bare minimum, but you can still get away with something rather budget.

• 1 month later...