Shuttle problems

kFCQEbc.png

This is my second newest shuttle creation. It had a transfer failure and deorbited, the problem was solved. An upgraded shuttle launched on top of the SAME ROCKET. But immediately  after  liftoff it will flip and crash for some reason

help, i need an answer

the transfer fail caused to AP to rise over 200km and over 500km in the closest apporach.

Not sure what you mean by transfer fail. Can you explain that a little better?

Also not understanding the issue with flipping right after lift off, because the picture you posted shows your shuttle in space! Or is that a previous iteration?

To help with the shuttle flipping you should show a picture of it sitting on the pad ready to launch, followed by one of it in the air right as it is in the process of flipping.

2 minutes ago, lemon cup said:

Not sure what you mean by transfer fail. Can you explain that a little better?

Also not understanding the issue with flipping right after lift off, because the picture you posted shows your shuttle in space! Or is that a previous iteration?

To help with the shuttle flipping you should show a picture of it sitting on the pad ready to launch, followed by one of it in the air right as it is in the process of flipping.

the first one is that i accidentally burned the wrong way and extended the intersect I found the reason  why was it burning the opposite way

it's a previous iteration, the newest one is much larger

I didn't take a screenshot for the new one :)

just telling you that it was launched like dream chaser after that thing kept on spinning

i thought i mentioned SECOND newest, the newest iteration is the current one

i should be pointing normal but was point prograde lol

f8v5xgx.png

tccJZ9Q.png7dsAK1W.pngOEEeSfW.png

Edited by Anonymous49
emoji mistake

yup it's like that unfortunately of course i reverted flight

it was just a demonstration

just to say i staged the boosters before crash

My flight records was just 2 by the way, SFT-1 (Suborbital Flight Test 1) which went on RS1LV, OFT-1 (Orbital flight test 1) which went on R1C-C, planned (which is my needed mission) OFT-2, which went on R1C-C

i actually have 4 iterations if i wasn't wrong the first fired 5 times to make sure there's no overheating second had a shroud and went on SFT-1, third was on OFT-1, fourth was planned to fly OFT-2

Edited by Anonymous49
mistake

13 minutes ago, Anonymous49 said:

why does the manuever node for docking always run away

If you search through the most recent couple pages of the Questions sub forum, you'll find a couple really great threads on this.  It's usually best to give threads like those, on any subject, a read, and if you still have questions, post in those threads.   Adding new questions to this thread about another topic only confuses people.   

Ironically, here's one of the threads where we talked about all that:

51 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

If you search through the most recent couple pages of the Questions sub forum, you'll find a couple really great threads on this.  It's usually best to give threads like those, on any subject, a read, and if you still have questions, post in those threads.   Adding new questions to this thread about another topic only confuses people.   

THAT'S MINE

53 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

and also i didn't use manuever nodes for that

3 minutes ago, Anonymous49 said:

THAT'S MINE

Yes, it is.  And in it there was discussion and links provided on docking and rendezvous. 

4 minutes ago, Anonymous49 said:

and also i didn't use manuever nodes for that

Because you shouldn't be using maneuver nodes for docking.   I had just assumed you misspoke and meant target indicator on the nav ball.

23 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Yes, it is.  And in it there was discussion and links provided on docking and rendezvous. 

Because you shouldn't be using maneuver nodes for docking.   I had just assumed you misspoke and meant target indicator on the nav ball.

OH YEAH I MEANT BY RENDEZVOUS

oh sorry accidentally on caps

i was already 10km

19 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

n upgraded shuttle launched on top of the SAME ROCKET. But immediately  after  liftoff it will flip and crash for some reason

I am still seeing a much too tall rocket for the task it is meant to do. As mentioned in previous threads you've started, you really need to start by significantly reducing the size of the rockets you build. You will find that simpler rockets are also, ironically, simpler to control.

7 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

I am still seeing a much too tall rocket for the task it is meant to do. As mentioned in previous threads you've started, you really need to start by significantly reducing the size of the rockets you build. You will find that simpler rockets are also, ironically, simpler to control.

i know that,  still in design

One trick I've found for stock shuttles is instead of sticking it on top of a rocket (wobbly) or like IRL (CoT way off, pain to setup) is to build the launcher/tanks around the shuttle (like making a shuttle sandwich). This eliminates the above but you still get to jetison the tanks and be left with an orbiter as IRL

4 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

build the launcher/tanks around the shuttle

I had some good result with the tank in front. But needs some trickery to secure a clean separation.

In any case, the real trick was to come up with a reason to make a shuttle instead of anything else. 

20 hours ago, Spricigo said:

I had some good result with the tank in front. But needs some trickery to secure a clean separation.

In any case, the real trick was to come up with a reason to make a shuttle instead of anything else. 

Interesting. I'm guessing get to point where you are exiting atmosphere/in space, then flip retrograde to decouple? 

I agree about their usefulness , but like space planes there is something ‘cool’ about them

11 minutes ago, FruitGoose said:

Interesting. I'm guessing get to point where you are exiting atmosphere/in space, then flip retrograde to decouple? 

I agree about their usefulness , but like space planes there is something ‘cool’ about them

If you are doing it during ascent, then decouple a front tank then pitch down, wait a few seconds and burn again.

If you are doing in during orbiting, then turning retrograde makes sense and you get the little bit of energy from the decouple too.

Basically, fire it in any direction EXCEPT the one you're about to fly towards!

20 minutes ago, paul_c said:

Basically, fire it in any direction EXCEPT the one you're about to fly towards!

Yep. Sepratons can be useful too, pushing the tank further away from your patch. 

Unfortunately i can't say there was no incidents in my attempts. But eventually it works

Edited by Spricigo

design finished, i call it too efficient that i cannot reuse it, no not really like that, i mean by my new Cheetah 1 rocket, I cutted the use of engines and only used 4 skippers and 4 bobcats mostly because it’s cheaper and have a ton of gimbal, check my kerbalx account it should https://www.kerbalx.com/Anonymous49/Cheetah_1_161 I think

UPDATE (merged post): that link didn’t work but you can still see it in the bottom it is so tall man.

real link: https://kerbalx.com/Anonymous49/Cheetah-1-161

By the way I also want to launch my shuttle on the RS1LV I call it, the rocket that was on the picture of the shuttle. But for some reason it would just roll to the west for some reason

the Cheetah 1 was just strapping almost every single booster I had and then put them together, occasionally modifying it a little bit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.