Career save won't load

Just lost my career save on PlayStation. This is the second time in 6 months that when starting the game, it gets stuck on the main selection screen, music playing, but nothing happens. The game is unresponsive. I was so close to getting all the trophies unlocked. I had a Jool, an Eeloo mission going. It is a relatively new install (November) on PS5. The enhanced edition is a faulty product. Why is it so unstable? You just can't complete missions anymore. Where is the fun? This product should not be sold in its current state. 

4 hours ago, MZ_per_X1 said:

The enhanced edition is a faulty product. Why is it so unstable? You just can't complete missions anymore. Where is the fun? This product should not be sold in its current state.

It is not a faulty product, but a very buggy one for sure. KSPEE is optimised for PS4/XB1 and not for 8th gen consoles. It is unstable thanks to the maker of your $800 console, just remember that fact. If it was easier to port over and the port company wasn't stonewalled by Sony/Microsoft by their console game updates being known as one of the hardest to pass. And because the port company has to worry more about the patch passing the procedures/processes required, and because it takes a significantly longer time because of the rewrite of code, and testing phase. It is fun, on a more basic level, but that's all because of your favorite console devs.... My advice is, either petition them to relax on their updating games proceedures, or sit back and do nothing. Unfortunately, most PS players feel the same way, and I hear that Sony can be worse than Microsoft with that stuff.

6 hours ago, Mikenike said:

It is not a faulty product, but a very buggy one for sure. KSPEE is optimised for PS4/XB1

It is unstable thanks to the maker of your $800 console, 

It was the same on PS4. My last career save suffered constant crashes and eventually the save could not be launched anymore. At least on PS5 corrupted saves get recovered automatically. On PS4 they didn't. 

It is not the chicken or the egg question. The maker of the console didn't make ps4 for Kerbal EE specifically, but someone decided to port it to console. So why 'thanks to the maker of the console ... '? 

16 hours ago, MZ_per_X1 said:

So why 'thanks to the maker of the console ... '

Because they have very restrictive play tests because of how the system operates, as they have closed off all the game files and coding side to the console. This makes it harder on smaller games like KSP, while for other titles, namely, GTA, COD, Halo, Battlefield, etc. have no problems because of the amount of resources they can throw at the testing phase.

23 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

Because they have very restrictive play tests because of how the system operates, as they have closed off all the game files and coding side to the console. 

I agree, it is a closed ecosystem but when someone decides to put a game out on console, they do that knowing what the constraints are. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.