Rainbow cat

Yesterday the rainbow cat started to appear on my loading screen. I know it's related to beta version of Module Manager but I haven't see any update for MM so something else is happening.
I've cleared MM cache files cat still appears.
Anyone knows?

Edited by alphaprior

I'm late to this party again, but cats being called uncool (cats being cool by definition, hence the phrase "cool cat") just isn't cool...

On 2/22/2021 at 4:02 PM, Scarecrow71 said:

Thought my computer was infected.  That's not a very cool easter egg.

There's always (at least) one.
Congrats, you fell for a rather old and rather harmless prank... One that only fires on a couple of days a year, and days which are pretty darn obvious if you take a moment to think about it.
One is national Cat Day in Japan (est. 1978) and the other is April Fools. A cursory web search for the keywords "kerbal" "loading" and "cats" would have cleared this up in a few seconds, as the top result on both Google and DDG links to an explanation on this very forum.

Here's the real important bit though: It's sarbian's mod, so sarbian gets to put as many cats in it as he likes, regardless of your opinion on it's coolness. If you don't like it, feel free to not use it.
Complaining about features in the free stuff modders make for you is far less cool than the least cool easter egg. Not only is this stuff provided to you gratis, you're also provided with the source code to do with as you will... Up to and including gratuitous decatification if that's what floats your boat.

Believe it or not, we've even had threads calling for the removal of said cute cats, a not very cool easter egg removal campaign if you will... With a very predictable response:

Spoiler

No. :lol:

Edited by steve_v

7 hours ago, steve_v said:

Congrats, you fell for a rather old and rather harmless prank...

They're not the first, and they won't be the last.    As I said in my other post in the other thread, this is one of the bi-annual "OMG KSP IS A VIRUS" days here on the forums.   Every... dang.... year....   *glares at Sarbian*

20 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Oh c'mon, @Gargamel, if you actually could, would you really remove those kittens? Really :) 

Absolutely not.  I love the easter egg.   The hubbub on the forums is the crazy part :D

19 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

They're not smurfs, after all.

That's why we keep the Azriel around!

lol why am I noticing just right now that Gargamel is a captain? I've always missed that!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's a sad fact that after like 2-5 mins after the game launch the cats vanish into the sides of the screen :(

Wait

Maybe they all go to the forums into a secret Nyancat Chamber? and when someone opens the game with MM they get teleported by a annonym mod or admin?!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.