Fire and Damaged Parts

Dr. Kerbal

I was watching the first Developer Update episode from the Kerbal Space Program Two team and I was watching on the part where the VFX  developer was talking about explosions I was thinking would fire happen ina. Rocket explosion from the falling debris? So I was thinking, wouldn’t some parts be on fire if a rocket exploded? I mean fire have been on rocket burning in rocket for a long time. Like in one of SpaceX’s videos. So I’m asking, when a rocket crashes can there be fire on the rockets. And maybe when parts hit the ground they don’t completely obliterate. Maybe the parts could have holes or dents. You know.

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

20 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

And maybe when parts hit the ground they don’t completely obliterate. Maybe the parts could have holes or dents. You know.

That's going to be very difficult to program. I think we will just have parts explode on impact, but with cooler explosions!:cool:

Although on second thought maybe you could make some models with holes and stuff, and just spawn them in when parts crash.

1 hour ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

That's going to be very difficult to program. I think we will just have parts explode on impact, but with cooler explosions!:cool:

Although on second thought maybe you could make some models with holes and stuff, and just spawn them in when parts crash.

Ya.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:34 PM, Kerminator K-100 said:

I think the crazy explosions are just what makes KSP different (as well as many other things). Because you can make a game ultra realistic and have dented or cracked tanks, but KSP is wacky and fun and although it isn’t entirely realistic we still get a kick out of it and really enjoy the fact that it’s I guess kinda cartoonish.

The topic makes me think of this:

If a part is not inherently explody, perhaps overheating causes a compartment fire - which can be repaired.

The International Space Station has fire extinguishers on board for a reason.