Crash at startup

I was in the rocket assembly room (VAB?) and straight out of nowhere the game just crashed. I have had quite a few crashes in this game over the time I've played, but never been bothered to report it. Thought maybe I should do it now, as it's getting quite annoying.  Not really sure what to write more :P

Below is the KSP.log text, if that is helpful?

<moderator snip>

Edit, link to KSP.log instead.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cddFN-rAz2Tv2jFUcu4KWEN8exOnsf3f/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Skitskraj
Removed large log file

Hello, and welcome to the forum @Skitskraj!

I have removed the log file from your post.  Log files like that are huge and take up quite a bit of screen space.  They can also cause page load errors for some users.

Please upload your log file to a file sharing site, such as Google drive or Dropbox, set the permissions to public and share the link here.

Thank you!

That link doesn’t work for me, the file is blank. KSP.log is useful, but a more detailed log is available; on Windows you’ll find that at C:/users/your-user/AppData/LocalLow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log; AppData is a hidden folder so you’ll need to enable ‘show hidden folders’ to see it. Player.log contains a lot more information than KSP.log, can you try finding that and uploading it as well as checking that the log file you linked to above is correct.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

12 hours ago, Skitskraj said:

the link works

Indeed it does.

12 hours ago, Skitskraj said:

will the player.log reset each time you play

Yes, all log files are cleared and recreated at startup.

As for your crash, it looks very much like the problem described in this bug report and the linked lengthy discussion. I don't know what the solution is (other than blaming Unity as usual) of if there even is one, but far wiser heads than mine have commented in that thread so it's worth a read.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.