Introducing – Intercept Games

Intercept Games

• KSP Team

Today, we wanted to share with you the name for the studio dedicated to the Kerbal Space Program 2′s development: Intercept Games

Here is an explanation of how the name came to be by its originator and Lead Designer on KSP 2, Shana Markham:

You could argue that intercepting planets is the goal of Kerbal Space Program. You’re trying to figure out how to get this comparatively tiny rocket to meet up with a planet that’s moving crazy fast through an infinite space without running out of fuel or ripping itself apart. It’s a scary prospect. It’s a thrilling prospect.

Developing for KSP 2 evokes the same feelings. We’ve got a beloved game that we want to do right by. We want current fans to find something to love all over again. We want new players to discover this gem of a game and learn something about our own universe in the process.

Fortunately, an intercept course is planned. It doesn’t leave things to chance. We have industry veterans, and we have a team that is passionate about the product. We have experts we consult, and we’re working alongside Squad even as they’re continuing development of KSP. We have a committed publisher who is willing to take some big steps to ensure that the product that we send out into the world is the best that we can make.

The name reminds me that the day to day of development can feel scary, but we’re set up for success.

View the full article

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, Intercept Games said:

You could argue that intercepting planets is the goal of Kerbal Space Program

Yes, maybe it's the goal, but not at all required! I have been building construction equipment and using KSP more like KCS (Kerbal Crane Simulator)

As soon as I get KSP working correctly again, I should probably go to space. I love that you can do whatever you want in KSP. It's the BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least I am switching over to a different computer, and all I care about transferring is my craft files (I almost never use career mode, but I probably should)

Really, the only thing preventing me from playing KSP is that I still need to download KSP onto the new (Not exactly new, but new to me), and I have slow internet. Once I get KSP onto the computer I just need to take my flashdrive and transfer the craft.

Just to clarify, I was already planning on switching computers before this problem.

3 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

At least I am switching over to a different computer, and all I care about transferring is my craft files (I almost never use career mode, but I probably should)

Really, the only thing preventing me from playing KSP is that I still need to download KSP onto the new (Not exactly new, but new to me), and I have slow internet. Once I get KSP onto the computer I just need to take my flashdrive and transfer the craft.

Just to clarify, I was already planning on switching computers before this problem.

People, stop asking. There are a pile of threads to take a look at that problem, just give this man a break lol.

We are notificational killers.

WARNING: Warranty void if attempting to actually kill a forum user!