KSP 2 Feature Series Ep. 1 – Next Gen Tech

Intercept Games

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I watch this... And so want you guys to succeed. 

Selfishly, because I look forward to playing the game, but also because I want to share it with my teenage kids. 

Tipping a beer at the team and hoping you achieve the goals you have set for yourselves! 

On 5/5/2021 at 8:00 AM, Hadur III said:

I want to know more details about the multiplayer.

Everyone wants

But we should not be concerned about it. I mean, the thing is that when it releases you will know that 

Spoiler

:cool: Why did I put bumper spoiler here?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 1:00 AM, Hadur III said:

I want to know more details about the multiplayer

On 5/8/2021 at 3:18 AM, ShuttlePilot said:

Everyone wants

I'm not sure about that.  KSP is not a game that would appeal to me from a multiplayer standpoint. 

My pace of play and the warp ability (which makes it nice to not have to wait several days to see my ship reach its destination) gives me real pause as to how effective any MP implementation can be.  To be effective - you would pretty much have to have two or more players in perfect harmony with each other, warping at the same times and willing to wait for each other.  Or you would have to 'break time' for the various players: to have them in the same universe, have a reasonable sense of game pacing and be able to work independently of one another - they could not share the same 'time'.  

Sample case - you and a friend simultaneously build ships for a coordinated Minimus mission.  You sequentially launch your ships and work together to time your burns to get clean insertions into Minimus orbit. You warp to the moments before the capture burn, and there is a nice bright spot in distance showing your friends' ship, similarly ready to insert.  He gets a phone call.  Has to leave. 

Either you are both stuck waiting for him to be able to play again to un-pause time, or his ship has to go into a spacetime bubble (breaking continuity and suspension of disbelief) while you continue to play and he later gets to finish his part of the mission (meanwhile you have gone on...) 

That doesn't sound like an easy PBKAC issue to solve. 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm not sure about that.  KSP is not a game that would appeal to me from a multiplayer standpoint. 

I agree with this actually. I may sound like I'm evil but I'm okay with KSO2 multiplayer. I can actually play with my friends. 

3 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

the guy named everyone smith may want it though

also, why are we talking about multiplayer in this thread?

Because I was dead in forums for a long time and now I'm back. To say that KSP2 will have multiplayer and no one asks you if you want it or not. All jokes aside, it can be a great feature for me.

15 minutes ago, ShuttlePilot said:

Because I was dead in forums for a long time and now I'm back. To say that KSP2 will have multiplayer and no one asks you if you want it or not. All jokes aside, it can be a great feature for me.

I'm not saying that I don't want it or smth. , I will personally like it, IMO it's not the best thing but it's cool