A problem with Astronomer's visual pack, what is the issue? a glitch perhaps? How to fix it?

Here are some screenshots for comparison:      I am using KSP version 1.3.1

I'm not able to upload images here, So please refer this link:  https://imgur.com/a/nQ0FJ2T

Not only those planets but moons as well, textures in the map mode looks fine but when in game mode it looks pixelated blurred and not clear. This problem persists in both the texture packs 4k and 2k. I tried with 4k first, but same problem, then I replaced it with 2k thinking my laptop is not supporting 4k, again same problem. The hardware is compatible.

So what is the issue?  Also before installing all the other mods unrelated to Astronomer's visual pack  I tested it once but,  same problem. Please tell me how to fix it?

EDIT: Kerbin looks just fine both in Map and game modes, Problem is with only other planets. AND I used CKAN to install mods.

Edited by Kerbal_test_pilot
helpful info added.

4 hours ago, Kerbal_test_pilot said:

So what is the issue?  I've uploaded my mod list as well in the same drive folder. Also before installing all the other mods unrelated to Astronomer's visual pack  I tested it once but,  same problem. Please tell me how to fix it?

Looks like you got a wrong install. Can you post your logs (player.log, etc.) But hey, I know from personal experinces that AVP is a tougher mod to install. If you downloaded KSP from the KSP store (not steam, all the "how to install mods on KSP" are on steam), follow these steps. 1, Download the actual mod. 2. click "show in folder" 3. right click, extract into downloads folder. 4. go into the mod folder and go inside of GameData in your mod's gamedata, NOT KSP's gamedata. Once you are inside of the mod's GameData, then copy all of the contents to KSP'S GameData. Hurrah! You're done!

The spot where everyone gets it wrong in scatterer with the with white Kerbin glitch, and (I cannot see your picture because it says I need access) is the spot where you put your mods contents in Ksp's GameData, not the actual GameData folder. I've done this several times which leads to broken/confused/corrupted/error filled KSP.

Hope this helps!

Oh and I see you are running 1.3.1. make sure you are running the right version on AVP for that, if there even is....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 8:10 PM, JIMMY_the_DOG said:

Looks like you got a wrong install. Can you post your logs (player.log, etc.) But hey, I know from personal experinces that AVP is a tougher mod to install. If you downloaded KSP from the KSP store (not steam, all the "how to install mods on KSP" are on steam), follow these steps. 1, Download the actual mod. 2. click "show in folder" 3. right click, extract into downloads folder. 4. go into the mod folder and go inside of GameData in your mod's gamedata, NOT KSP's gamedata. Once you are inside of the mod's GameData, then copy all of the contents to KSP'S GameData. Hurrah! You're done!

The spot where everyone gets it wrong in scatterer with the with white Kerbin glitch, and (I cannot see your picture because it says I need access) is the spot where you put your mods contents in Ksp's GameData, not the actual GameData folder. I've done this several times which leads to broken/confused/corrupted/error filled KSP.

Hope this helps!

Oh and I see you are running 1.3.1. make sure you are running the right version on AVP for that, if there even is....

I used CKAN to install mods. And can you elaborate on the scatterer thing. (second para). I've changed the reference link for images.  https://imgur.com/a/nQ0FJ2T

I must mention that Kerbin looks fine in Map and Game modes.

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/4ERCiRiT#OQqm3iJPwzrulMAY2sII7z9AcXzLMjvsUjmNtRQD20Y

8 hours ago, Kerbal_test_pilot said:

I used CKAN to install mods. And can you elaborate on the scatterer thing. (second para). I've changed the reference link for images.  https://imgur.com/a/nQ0FJ2T

I must mention that Kerbin looks fine in Map and Game modes.

Whoops, didn't see that. I don't use CKAN so unfortunately I don't think I can help you.

Best of luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.