How to change your avatar? Is avatar new person cannot change?

QPC

Hello, and welcome to the forum!  :)

Moving your question to Kerbal Network, since it's about the KSP forum rather than about the game itself.

7 minutes ago, QPC said:

I have a huge problem: I'm a new member of the KSP forum, but I want to change my avatar, and I find I can't. Does the new couple have to be the little black green figure? I think it should be changed:(

Totally understandable.  However, you can't, right now, because you're still in the "New Members" category and therefore your access to the forum is partially restricted.  (Similarly, you can't send PMs yet, or change your profile background, and also your posts require moderator approval before they become publicly visible.)

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we know it's a hassle.  :(  Unfortunately, it's unavoidable-- the forum is a frequent target of spambots, scammers, etc., and requiring all new members to be restricted until they've had enough posts approved is the only practical way to protect the forum against that sort of thing.  (Otherwise, spambots would be setting avatars to advertising and so forth.)

The good news is, it's only temporary.  After you've had five posts approved, your status will automatically shift from "new member" to "regular member", and then you'll be able to set your forum avatar and make posts without having to wait for approval and all that other nice stuff.  (I think, if I'm counting correctly, that this post puts you up to that limit, so hopefully you're good to go now.)

Again, welcome aboard!

Moved to Kerbal Network, as it is not about the game.

If you check the New Member guide linked in my signature, it should answer most of your questions.  :D

Edit: well it looks like snark beat me to the move

Edited by Gargamel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.