Photovoltaic Panels not generating power

Ellie is a 1-star Engineer who deployed the photovoltaic panels, but no power is being generated. I imagine there's more experiments here than will be powered by the one set of panels, but from my reading of the wiki I'd expect there to be 2 units of power produced, so I don't understand why there's no power being generated. What did I miss? The science experiments were deployed by the scientist.

XmjSN7r.png

4 minutes ago, bewing said:

The Control Station (which is the one you should be paying attention to) says there are 2 units of power available.

Ok, that's good to know ... and all of the other units are showing that they're unpowered, though they're connected. I wouldn't expect all of them to be powered (since there's only one panel), but is that also a bug? Or is it that I need to disconnect a couple so that two are fully powered? 

Yeah, each experiment needs one unit of power. And the control station needs one more. I don't know for sure which are getting the 2 units right now. But you need at least 4 to power everything. I don't know about that antenna.

I suggest you turn off the dish and two experiments (I'd do seismic and goo) to leave just the control hub and one experiment running on the limited power you currently have. Just remember- when it gets dark, you'll have no power; there's a mod called Deployable Batteries that adds deployable batteries specifically to counter this issue, but you need to charge them up in daylight so you'll still need more solar panels to run the whole thing either way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.