Kerbal motion or motives??

JSlone

I know its probably not going to be something that happens in game, but who knows! Remember that mod that let you pop out of your seat and actually move around your ship? I would really love if something like that was a thing in KSP 2. Mainly because while walking around in your ship would be awesome! I'm hoping we'll get to walk around and look at the insides of these HUGE facilities they are building for planet colonies. Maybe they'll just focus on the space stuff, and the colonies will just be there to make fuel and not to be looked at too closely. I hope that's not the case but it could be. Maybe if you ask a dev about it maybe they'll say eh, i'm sure someone will mod it in, but it'd be so awesome for something like that to be in the stock game... but just a wish is all. Either way this game is gonna be AMAZING! please release tomorrow.... lol jk.

Personally, I don’t care about the interiors- they could be done to look pretty just for the portrait pictures in the corner of the screen and completely blank everywhere else as far as I’m concerned, because I almost never use internal views and the memory saved by not having them there could be used elsewhere, e.g. to make the outside of those ships/bases/stations look better as I see those all the time. IVA would be a bit of a waste of time IMO, it doesn’t contribute anything to building and flying rockets and the effort of developing it could be better used elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Personally, I don’t care about the interiors- they could be done to look pretty just for the portrait pictures in the corner of the screen and completely blank everywhere else as far as I’m concerned, because I almost never use internal views and the memory saved by not having them there could be used elsewhere, e.g. to make the outside of those ships/bases/stations look better as I see those all the time. IVA would be a bit of a waste of time IMO, it doesn’t contribute anything to building and flying rockets and the effort of developing it could be better used elsewhere.

In my opinion there's a lot of untapped potential in IVAs. As sparse as it is, I sometimes fly my craft in IVA, especially if they're equipped with one of the handful of cockpits that offer decent visibility -- it can be a lot of fun especially for things like seaplanes, helicopters, VTOLs, or just small aircraft that are good at bush landings. With better cockpits and configurable instrumentation, you could fairly easily turn this into a flight-sim lite. That would open up a whole new dimension of gameplay fun. 

I want interior prop parts like chairs, beds, tables, large computers and others. Interior design and anything that wasn't exclusively a purpose-built transport is pretty difficult, and I'd love to be able to fill my land ships with seating and chairs and bars and bunks and things for my Kerbals. I doubt there will be things like that stock, but who knows?