Orbital Assembly!

I don't know if you heard about this, but there is a company that wants to build the first space hotel with artificial gravity in 2025. I went to their website, and their picture of a fueling station is so funny. See for yourself.

https://orbitalassembly.com/projects

Edited by GuessingEveryDay
Clarification.

13 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

but there is a company that wants to build the first space hotel with artificial gravity in 2025.

Apart from the KSP pic I think I've seen the habs on the left before somewhere... wasn't it to do with Bezos/BO kinda thingy ?

I'm more surprised on the "Invest" buttons.

Waaaaait just one second... I remember these guys...

https://gatewayspaceport.com/the-foundation/the-team/

https://orbitalassembly.com/about

Same core group as that “nonprofit”, except they’ve done away with the ridiculous idea of a lottery and funding by citizens and are now marketing it as a space hotel.

They’ve even made a third website just for their station. Mind you, these aren’t “different websites”- they have literally reused the same banner and concept art- but just three different ways of dressing up this poorly designed and thought-out piece of coal into a diamond.

TL;DR: headed by the same people that ran a “nonprofit” scam using the same concept.

It's not very funny when you consider how some have managed to successfully swindle people on similar premeses.

MarsOne for example,  took a great deal of money from many people,  lincluding users on this very forum.

Similar nonsense happened to railroads and aircraft manufacturers when those technologies were new.

They are supposedly testing their truss builder (STAR as they call it) this spring. I'd have a favorable view of them if there was no "crowdfunding" at all, obviously. That is always a bad sign.

The idea of creating markets for large lift capabilities is actually pretty useful, but the money required is not "crowdfunding" level, lol.

Of course the market for small launch (or medium launch) in regular investing is a bubble as well, IMO. Look at Rocket Lab going public. Sure, they have a product that actually works... but investing it it right now seems a bit like buying stock in a company provided national drover service right before Ford starts cranking out cheap cars.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.