[1.12.x] NavBallTextureChanger Updated, now with UI

linuxgurugamer

16 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

@linuxgurugamer May I upload some navball textures here? Mine isn't the crispest, or most detailed, but I tried to make it (relatively) uncluttered while looking more like a physical ball.

Please report if I am not supposed to do this

OK-1

28x6kC5.png
Diffuse

3rzIyQC.png
Emissive

For some reason this emissive seems like it is not there or blurry a tiny bit. Can someone test this one? Update 2.0.0.6 is here.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

why?

I originally made it to look like an actual plastic ball with translucent slits, not actually realizing the implications of a blurry emissive. I thought it looked nice for some reason, turns out it's just me

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

2 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

I originally made it to look like an actual plastic ball with translucent slits, not actually realizing the implications of a blurry emissive. I thought it looked nice for some reason, turns out it's just me

It could of been me, that is why I wanted someone else to look at it. Could of been my mods.

• 4 months later...

Hope it's OK to bump this for navballs. I made this Apollo-esque one for KSP. The lines are all constant width on the navball, as are the numbers.

There are some other Apollo navballs that have been posted, but usually, IMO, in an attempt to be as accurate as possible, they color the hemispheres split down a meridian instead of along the equator in order to get the gimbal lock circles at the poles. I think it's more important to keep KSP's combined navball and artificial horizon theme, so on this ball, the poles are red, but the hemispheres are still split into black and white at the equator, not along a meridian.

Navball:

VaOwMRL.png

Emissive:

eFF8Zge.png

2 hours ago, Trekky0623 said:

Hope it's OK to bump this for navballs. I made this Apollo-esque one for KSP. The lines are all constant width on the navball, as are the numbers.

There are some other Apollo navballs that have been posted, but usually, IMO, in an attempt to be as accurate as possible, they color the hemispheres split down a meridian instead of along the equator in order to get the gimbal lock circles at the poles. I think it's more important to keep KSP's combined navball and artificial horizon theme, so on this ball, the poles are red, but the hemispheres are still split into black and white at the equator, not along a meridian.

Would you like me to include this in the mod?  If so, send me a zip via PM and I'll add it for the next update

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MaestroX said:

Hello together,

i started playing KSP again and found this mod, but i actually fail with the very first step. Where do I find the NavBall Button after installing everything?

I also have already installed the dependent mods.

First, how did you install it?

Second, provide a Player.log for me to look at.

There should be a button on the toolbar

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, how did you install it?

Second, provide a Player.log for me to look at.

There should be a button on the toolbar

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I rechecked all installation paths and found my mistake. There were no files in the "Click_Through.." mod folder after unpacking the zip file.

After redownload - the mod worked just fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

This only happens when I bypass the KSP Launcher in Steam. If I use the KSP Launcher, everything works fine.

This is what I do when a new version of KSP comes out.  I'm doing this with KSP 1.12.5 right now.

• With the game uninstalled, make sure the Steam directory for KSP is empty.
  • Install the latest KSP from Steam.
  • Copy all the files in the KSP Steam directory to a new directory for that version, example "v1.12.4".
    • This is now my pristine copy of that version of KSP.
  • For modding and launching with CKAN, I copy from that pristine version directory to others moddable version directories, like:
    • "v1.12.4._test", "v1.12.4.+mods", "v1.12.4.Caveman" (for KSP Caveman challenge games), etc.
  • All those different versions I can launch using CKAN (see below) or directly by running the "KSP_x64.exe" file in the directory.
  • All those version directories are in the same enclosing directory, in my case "C:\Prog\KSP\".
  • I write down all the entries I change in the settings.  Before, I I launch the "._test" version and configure it.  Then I copy that config file to the other moddable versions.
  • I use CKAN (installed at "C:\Prog\KSP\ckan.exe") to add in the different moddable directories (not the pristine ones) and then mod them.  This includes modding the Navball texture.
  • If a moddable version is suspected of being corrupt, I can empty the directory, recopy from the pristine version, copy a good config file or reconfig, then remod with CKAN.
Edited by Jacke

On 2/26/2023 at 9:53 PM, therealcrow999 said:

I have this issue, if I bypass KSP Launcher in Steam using this command:

"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe" %command%

v28T20E.jpg

It looks like this:

LgLAKDi.png

wLHSAeF.png

This only happens when I bypass the KSP Launcher in Steam. If I use the KSP Launcher, everything works fine.

How are you bypassing the KSP Launcher?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.