[1.12.x] NavBallTextureChanger Updated, now with UI

linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How are you bypassing the KSP Launcher?

I use Steam and I put use that command in Launch options fields above.

"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe" %command%

I right click my list of games on left side of steam Library and go to Properties.

Once I got that command in, I run the KSP shortcut Steam made me during install and it bypasses the Launcher.

I could just got in the KSP folder and run the .exe but I like Steam to load the game since I like to do screenshots.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I will try this and get back to you on its use.

OK, this works, but when I start game, I have to select the Navball I want, because it shows it as a blank image like I shown in picture. It will save what ever one I pick but if I leave the  game and come back in, it is blank again and have to select navball texture again. So basically I am saying it is not saving the navball even though I selected it and saved it, once I leave game and start again, it is empty again.

27 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

I think what is happening is, stock is not showing up. If I do reset to stock, it is showing blank. But like I said every time I load game it is blank.

This happens if I bypass launcher or not.

I think you'll need to provide more logs.  I suggest doing 2 runs, thus 2 logs, 1 with the launcher bypassed, 1 using the launcher.  Include the list of steps of changing the navball and saving the change, testing it, etc.  @linuxgurugamer might be able to figure it out from those logs.

14 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

I think what is happening is, stock is not showing up. If I do reset to stock, it is showing blank. But like I said every time I load game it is blank.

This happens if I bypass launcher or not.

Remove the mod totally, and make sure the directory is removed.  

Then start the game, (would help to make a new save) and make sure that stock is there

Then put the mod back, and see what happens, using the same save

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Remove the mod totally, and make sure the directory is removed.  

Then start the game, (would help to make a new save) and make sure that stock is there

Then put the mod back, and see what happens, using the same save

Yeah I have done all of that. Deleted mod completely, ran it without mod for a bit and reinstalled it. Started a new save.

I will get you a new player.log soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phbxoxgctjoted4/Player.logs.zip?dl=0

I have 3 in there.

First one, is without the mod installed.

Second, is first time running the game with mod, seems to work fine.

Third, is running game again with mod, this has the missing texture and has to be re-added.

Also those are from me not skipping the KSP launcher.

12 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phbxoxgctjoted4/Player.logs.zip?dl=0

I have 3 in there.

First one, is without the mod installed.

Second, is first time running the game with mod, seems to work fine.

Third, is running game again with mod, this has the missing texture and has to be re-added.

Also those are from me not skipping the KSP launcher.

Just an FYI, I've been able to replicate this

New release, 2.0.0.11

• Removed extra slash in path for textures, while it was working when testing a texture, was failing upon initial loading
  • Added a couple of debugging statements to show when it fails to load in the future

Note:  You will have to set it one more time after loading the update, to fix the saved path

For next release, could the version file get updated to show MAX KSP version of 1.12.99, pleese?
Keeps KSPAVC from warning the mod is not compat w/current KSP ;)

I tried to log it as an Issue on the repo, but for some reason, the "Issues" tab/button does not appear for me vOv

Just now, Stone Blue said:

For next release, could the version file get updated to show MAX KSP version of 1.12.99, pleese?

I tried to log it as an Issue on the repo, but for some reason, the "Issues" tab/button does not appear for me vOv

There is no max version specified in the .version file.

I haven't had KSPAVC installed for a long time, this sounds like a problem with that, not the mod.  I'll see what's going on

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Just checked, KSP-AVC is simply saying that it was built against 1.12.2, not that it is incompatible

The problem is that every time the game updates, I'd have to update the version it's built against.  As long as it is for the same major version, you are ok.

I will fix the issues page on github

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.