[1.12.x] NavBallTextureChanger Updated, now with UI

linuxgurugamer

Originally written by @xEvilReeperx, this was adopted by @TheRagingIrishman (thread here): https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/164158-13)

Idle for 3 years, and still without a UI (it was manual editing of a config file), I've decided to adopt this.

r1p50iW.jpg TZiEJdi.jpg

No longer do you have to keep the same boring NavBall texture. You can now change it to any texture you please through this simple plugin.  Also, you can have different NavBall textures in IVA.

• Thanks to forum user @therealcrow999 for his assistance with the emissives
  • Thanks to @Stone Blue for his work in collecting all the available textures in one place

Dependencies

Usage

Click the Navball button to open the following window:

NSkrmgS.png

Click on any texture in the left to see a preview in the right:

XTWtvPg.png

Click the Test button to apply the currently selected texture to the navball.  Once clicked, the Save button will activate.  Click Save to save it

When in IVA mode, an Advanced mode is available, which shows the following:

PkSba6Z.png

This lets you  adjust the emissive values.  Apply Emissive Changes will activate once any changes are made

Availability

Available via CKAN

Changes from previous version

• Removed use of persistence
  • Added UI
  • Added many skins
  • Cleanup
  • New dependencies
    • ClickThroughBlocker
    • ToolbarController
    • SpaceTuxLibrary
  • Added advanced section for customization of Emissive values
  • Added README
  • Fixed old file name in config file (was showing texture a a big questionmark)
  • Removed flags for IVA and Flight
  • Enabled separate skins for IVA
  • Only use IVAs with emissives for IVA
  • Removed emissive config for three files
  • Added checks to ensure empty config files won't cause nullrefs

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerBeside missing textures, I did not notice any other issues at that time. I will do some more test tonight, on whatever build you have then.

I'll probably work on this during my stream.  Seems that most of the issues are fixed, just need to figure out why it's not loading all the textures

I get this error:

EXC 19:02:04.606] ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: [PluginData/Skins/evileye.x_DIF.png, NavBallTextureChanger.FileEmissive]
	System.Collections.Generic.TreeSet`1[T].AddIfNotPresent (T item) (at <376e8c39bbab4f1193a569c8dbe4305c>:0)
	System.Collections.Generic.SortedSet`1[T].Add (T item) (at <376e8c39bbab4f1193a569c8dbe4305c>:0)
	System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <376e8c39bbab4f1193a569c8dbe4305c>:0)
	NavBallTextureChanger.TextureSelector.LoadTextureConfigs () (at <cb3d6b977544452da6f44c5b84dac379>:0)
	NavBallTextureChanger.TextureSelector.Start () (at <cb3d6b977544452da6f44c5b84dac379>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Removed the two files and it works.

New beta release, 2.0.0.3

• Removed more dead code
  • Remove duplicated config
  • Added code to ensure that if a duplicate config is encountered, it won't stop the loading of all the other configs
  • Fixed emissive for IVA, now supplied with mod because not all command pods have a configured emissive
  • fixed paths for all locations
  • Moved constants into new class called Constants

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NavBallTextureChanger/releases/tag/2.0.0.3

If nothing comes  up in the next few days, then this will be upgraded to be a full release and I'll add it to CKAN at that time

New beta release, 2.0.0.4

• Enabled skins without emissives for IVA use
  • Added option to save for both, this will make both IVA and Flight to have the same textures
  • Fixed Advanced mode to only be active if an emissive is available
  • Fixed height not resetting when disabling advanced mode

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NavBallTextureChanger/releases/tag/2.0.0.4

36 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta release, 2.0.0.4

• Enabled skins without emissives for IVA use
  • Added option to save for both, this will make both IVA and Flight to have the same textures
  • Fixed Advanced mode to only be active if an emissive is available
  • Fixed height not resetting when disabling advanced mode

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NavBallTextureChanger/releases/tag/2.0.0.4

Thanks for the option to add to both, that is what I was looking for to have.

I am debating on working on some more emissive for the mod. I was mess around with some last night, to see how easy it would be. I might not have time to do some, but I might give a few a go and see how it works out. If I can streamline the process and get it down, I might do all of them or most. I might even redo some already made, I found some emissives really dark compared to the stock ones. I like things to be unified.

I did my first test on emissives, I basically redone JAFOs emissive, the one I use all the time. I used Squad stock emissive as the base for the green tint color.

First image is the old emissive and one below that one is mine. As you can see mine is more crisp with the numbers and lighter in green tint, this reflects more of the Squad emissive color, which I like for the emissive. I honestly hope I can use that color tint for other navballs. This might very, which I hope won't, because I want to keep the tint universal for ease.

CFVG6nf.png

3pAyS5O.png

I have not tested mine in game, I am going to give it a go later. I kind of streamlined the process of the emissive making a bit. So it should not take me long to make more. I am sure some navball textures will give me issues.

@linuxgurugamerI got some emissives done, I will upload them later here. I am going to do some more. Also I was looking at therealcrow999-3 navball texture and emissive, you can delete those. They are the identical to 5th Horseman black and grey.

I redid the 5th Horseman ones, and did the other 5th Horseman ones. I want to do a few more emissives and I will upload them here.

Edited by therealcrow999

@linuxgurugamerHere is the emissive.zip. It has the redone JAFO and 5th Horseman.

5th Horseman_emissive, goes with:

• 5th Horseman black and grey
  • 5th Horseman brown and blue
  • evileyex_Dif

I think you already had them setup like that.

Now the 5th Horseman_v2, I did, also goes with:

• FalconB

Tygoo 7-1 emissive, goes with:

• Tygoo 7-1
  • Tygoo 7-2

The other emissives you should not have trouble knowing where they go, their name is same has parent.

There are 7 emissive files in that download. I have not tested them yet, but should be fine. I would do a quick test just in case before adding them to beta.

Edited by therealcrow999
I forgot to add in therealcrow999-1 emissive to zip download, so it is in there now.

@linuxgurugamerI tested all my emissives and they work good, ready to go. I had issues with therealcrow999-1 to show up in game with emissive. I had to remove it out of the all.cfg and it worked fine. Don't forget to remove therealcrow999-3 pair since they are the same as 5th Horseman. Also remove the commented out items in 5thHorseman-plus.cfg, since I already made their emissives.

Also what is the config.cfg file for in PluginData, the one about therealcrow999-1

You can use my PluginData folder, if you like, I added the configs and fix the few. You can double check everything. Hope this helps.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o3vckrprcb1uwh9/PluginData.zip/file

Edited by therealcrow999
Removed all generated thumbs in Plugin folder and reuploaded

I am most likely not going to do the other emissives, the ones with multi-color numbers or numbers that are different color on the each half of the sphere are giving me some issues. I might go back later and try, but right now the ones I did and ones already included are the best in this mod pack I think.

Edited by therealcrow999

@linuxgurugamer May I upload some navball textures here? Mine isn't the crispest, or most detailed, but I tried to make it (relatively) uncluttered while looking more like a physical ball.

Please report if I am not supposed to do this

OK-1

28x6kC5.png
Diffuse

3rzIyQC.png
Emissive

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

3 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

@linuxgurugamer May I upload some navball textures here? Mine isn't the crispest, or most detailed, but I tried to make it (relatively) uncluttered while looking more like a physical ball.

OK-1

28x6kC5.png
Diffuse

3rzIyQC.png
Emissive

Those are pretty nice. I am sure they will get added.

6 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

OK-1

28x6kC5.png
Diffuse

3rzIyQC.png
Emissive

Adding now, thank you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.