-- IVAS & KOS -- (W.I.P)

stephm

Hi ! I'm starting to build complete IVA !  

with updated MFDs and especially an integration of KOS in the cockpit thanks to KPM, I start from the principle of a cockpit Dark and cold not texture type internal with emissive, only the spots will bring cockpit lighting.

---- Thanks to ----

Alexustas  For these beautiful PROPS packs (ASET).

And its Pods that are beautiful and very technical (That's my reference)

* Mihara for its original RasterPropMonitor mod, and thank MOARdV & JonnyOThan For its maintenance. RasterPropMonitor (adopted) by JonnyOThan.

dsonbill for its very practical kOS<-->RPM interface for Kerbal Space Program.

* KOS originally created by Nivekk Thanks to all the contributors to this mod.

Nertea for are pack Near Future Props v0.6.4.

* Completely inspired by DE_IVAExtension created by DemonEin and IVA_ASET_MAKING_HISTORY

• I would be nothing without this forum and the contribution of all these fantastic people who makes incredible Mods.

MK1-3 POD MOD (Cockpit - IVA finished.)

• PodCam & Light ok (exterior) Squad Pod by default, setup 1, compatible with Restock setup 2. (MM patch tested ok)
  • MFDKOS added if KOS+KPM present (Replaces one of the RasterProp MFD) (MM patch tested ok)

eRXqfFDm.png

Big picture

mk1Cockpit_MOD (wip)

Edited by stephm
refresh

hi !

A little video about MK1-3 Pod

I finally try to add two external JSI camera plus two lights located around the exit hatch, and one to illuminate at the time of docking, if all goes well to drive in the IVA, the cameras will be of the type "POD CAM", transform (ALCORExt_A_CamTransform) to match the settings of pages of the mfds. Everything will be added via module manager if I get there, I struggle a lot with because you have to consider all the other mods.

The problem is also that restock update with its own FILE MU, and in blender there seems to be a small difference in size, it would have to make a squad version and a Restock version in patch I do not know if it is possible with Module Manager to choose the config according to the mod installed or not. For now I model everything based on Restock pod, I love this mod it really brings a plus to the command module MK1-3.

w.i.p

Steph.

1 hour ago, stephm said:

hi !

A little video about MK1-3 Pod

I finally try to add two external JSI camera plus two lights located around the exit hatch, and one to illuminate at the time of docking, if all goes well to drive in the IVA, the cameras will be of the type "POD CAM", transform (ALCORExt_A_CamTransform) to match the settings of pages of the mfds. Everything will be added via module manager if I get there, I struggle a lot with because you have to consider all the other mods.

The problem is also that restock update with its own FILE MU, and in blender there seems to be a small difference in size, it would have to make a squad version and a Restock version in patch I do not know if it is possible with Module Manager to choose the config according to the mod installed or not. For now I model everything based on Restock pod, I love this mod it really brings a plus to the command module MK1-3.

w.i.p

Steph.

Really nice. This thread deserves much more attention:)

Hi !  ( @rettter3 :valwink:)

After two days of testing including animation, color light animation, model import in another model etc., the most difficult was to find the methods for animated several elements, and that everything is brought together under one action, so I have my method that I will be able to apply to the other IVA.

• Added camera   OK it's work,    in the form: cameraTransform - ALCORExt_B_CamTransform, On the MFD have now accessed its PODCAM, on this IVA I included a camera view docking, and a camera view down (animated camera, switch in the IVA with this animationName = ALCORCamBanim). Add a small panel cameras with its own labels and some switch (in test)
  • The LIGHT (my idea a docking light, and airlocks light), It was a tough battle lol fortunately I have this in my favorites, I made nice lamps with emissive and I could not activate the channel _EmissiveColor in KSP I actually a whole bunch of test lol ....., And in fact it's the ColorChanger module that blocks!!, It's a shame, I do not know how to do, it's pretty a texture with emissive on a lamp. I tested if I remove this "modulecolorchanger" everything works, but I lose the cockpit lighting. :valcry:, Unless someone save how to do I'll have to remove the emissive channel has my texture, to replace this effect I combine a light dot and a spot.
  • Module manager I test for now everything is done taking into account the mod Restock, but I would also make a version squad (ok)

Resolved

Spoiler

I use this method :

@PART[mk1-3pod]:NEEDS[000_ReStock]:AFTER[000_ReStock] -> work fine with the mod it's OK Of course I do not touch the mod!).

And I add my lamps and cameras :

MODEL // for restock 
    {
        model = MA_IVASPARTS/PartsIvas/Mk1-3Pod_MOD/Parts/MA_CamLIGHTR (mu model adapted for restock)
        rotation = 0, 0, 0
    }

Is this the right syntax?

On the other hand I do not know how to include the version with the pod SQUAD without mod!

i keep this : ?

@PART[mk1-3pod]:......:NEED[squad] ? I don't know!

and it's the import model 

MODEL // for squad
    {
        model = MA_IVASPARTS/PartsIvas/Mk1-3Pod_MOD/Parts/MA_CamLIGHTS (mu model adapted to squad)
        rotation = 0, 0, 0
    }

See you soon !

Steph.

quelques photos (some pictures)

VDMdUP8l.jpg

The small external addition to the Pod MK1-3 ,These are the lamps with emissives it's prettier anyway, but I'll have to remove the emissive.

bOg371ol.jpg96pLPo8m.jpg

Airlock & dockport light !!

EmmLzeLl.jpg

Camera Pannel. (and camera B tilt on give this)

4FIntFnm.jpg8I8SvZEm.jpg

In cockpit MFD PODCAM

GEtEgR0l.jpg

mIJtZU4l.jpg

OxJwi0nl.jpg

I think I'm going to finalize this first POD.

bye !

Edited by stephm
screeeenshot !!!!!!

hi !

@theonegalen  (Apollo-style look) it's good too I agree ...

Small update on the MFD KOS side, with the addition of a special "PAGE" button that frees up a few extra options on the MFD.

wkmwIayl.jpg

Updated the home screen, I remain the last MFD the big one that does not have a page of welcome finalized.

8rEUHwql.jpg

and Voilà...

(As KOS and KPM are external mods, I will try to integrate a patch, it will only be present with KOS and KPM for those who wish.) (Tested and finalised OK)

Steph

EDIT (tip for PROP in unity) - How to handle a lot of prop in UNITY and the CFG

EMPTY is my friend - PLACE empty object and give ORIENTATION  and LOCATION for grouped PROPS you want, NO scale  and NAME it (RADIO....)

PARENT all PROPS concerned with this empty (RADIO....) , SPAWN prop,  copy component for the empty ROOT (RADIO....) and paste VALUE in PROPS

The prop as correct orientation you have just to place in group, and scale it.

(Place first a BOX props or JSI panel, for visual placement not mandatory)  

XVCy5Oah.jpg

After exporting to the CFG file, to easily find a prop indicate each group containing the props

olF0hGch.jpg

Use FIND, and you have exactly the section concerned, once the IVA defines it is easy to redo small retouching as well.

Edited by stephm
tip

hi !

Final key for mk1 - 3, Restock and Squad compatibility without mod. (PodCams + Airlock Light + DockingLight internal switch)

KWuFby2.gif

I do not have to crash with ModuleManager, I do not quite master the machine lol. ->  Tested and Updated OK

Steph.

Edited by stephm
MM patch ok

• 2 weeks later...

hi! 

Finalizing the cockpit concept cold and dark aviation style, Very annoyed by the colorchanger module, so as I do not know what its options are 

possible, so I do not use it, I do not have much info either on the light modules so the module ModuleAnimateGeneric has become my best friends

waiting to learn more about the light module and its possibilities.

The colorchanger module is fine but it touches all the textures placed in emissive, which makes it take over my lamps very annoying.

With Unity and the animations of the channels emissive color and others its similar there are limitations in short ....

I found the trick; I now have all my independent lights with their own emissive what I originally wanted.

The second part is the WIP on the MK1, with as chalenge to have the windows of the cockpit animated internal and exterior, at the same time of course, the also I finalized the thing more than tested with KSP, and a small bunker before more camera pods (wip)

in video:

See you soon

Steph

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.