Sas Modes - Keybinds

I can't find any working mod that allows me to associate keys to various positions (prograde, retrograde, normal, anti-normal, radial, anti-radial, anti-target, maneuver).

Or rather, I found 2 of them:
HotkeySas - no longer compatible with the new versions of the game
QuickSas - which associates keys but does not recognize the associations of peripherals such as gamepads, or USB controllers

Can you suggest any? Or could someone modify the code to allow the controller to recognize USB peripherals as well?

Excuse my ignorance as I don't use a controller but could it be done the other way around ie use quicksas to assign to a key then assign your controller button to that key using stock key settings or even externally to ksp?

As @FruitGoose says, you might try programs like AutoHotkey to chain the controller keys to keyboard keys, then use those in QuickSAS. Sounds like the best bet to me.

Other than that, yes, it seems QuickSAS code would require modifications to recognize anything else than keyboard keys. I tried to assign 4th and 5th mouse buttons (do not own controllers) and it did not work.

The source code is available ( https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/QuickMods ), so just find someone with knowledge of C#, hooking controller inputs that has KSP/Unity? (so he can compile it) and is willing to do it.

The current maintainer of QuickMods should have the knowledge, but since he maintains a LOT of mods, I do not think he will have time to add additional features. I assume this by the fact, that he did not reply to your's and @frankieorabona posts in the Quick Mods thread. But I might be wrong.

@ronillon thank you for quoting me. I follow with great interest!
Sorry, but I didn't understand how to assign a key to a controller. I am making a custom one, and unfortunately it doesn't recognise the button input of the controller (set as a joystic button). I could do it via the interface program, though it would cost me to remap all those buttons that would already have the same Keybinds... I would like to ask you if you know of any keys that are not used by KSP.

I'm still curious how to do it with a gamepad (I have an Xbox 360 controller).

Edited by frankieorabona

3 hours ago, frankieorabona said:

@ronillon thank you for quoting me. I follow with great interest!
Sorry, but I didn't understand how to assign a key to a controller. I am making a custom one, and unfortunately it doesn't recognise the button input of the controller (set as a joystic button). I could do it via the interface program, though it would cost me to remap all those buttons that would already have the same Keybinds... I would like to ask you if you know of any keys that are not used by KSP.

I'm still curious how to do it with a gamepad (I have an Xbox 360 controller).

No problem, you are both dealing with the same issue, so it was only logical to include you both in the possible solution.

You need to decide what you need/want to get and what you are willing to trade for it. I do not have any controllers available, so I can't help you with that, other than the program I mentioned.

As for the KSP Keybindings, just open setting and make notes. Although there are some keybinding lists on wiki, the ingame ones are the most uptodate and accurate (specially considering you might be running different KSP version, or made some binding changes you already forgot about). Who knows, maybe you can free up some keys you do not use, or find keybindings for things you never even thought about.

And for the possibility of the QuickSAS maintainer coding the support of controllers into QuickSAS, I think we can take his like of this post as at least a soft no.

Edited by ronillon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.