[WIP][1.8.x] Konstellation Program - Stockalike Ares V Rocket And Some Constellation Program Parts

rogerwang86

5 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

t5t39E2.jpg

DEVELOPMENT 

Dependencies:

Recommend:

Gallery:

Reveal hidden contents

An1gNnF.jpgdORVkkp.jpgiXIFUHX.jpg

Congrats on the release, downloading now!

6 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

t5t39E2.jpg

DEVELOPMENT 

Dependencies:

Recommend:

Gallery:

Reveal hidden contents

An1gNnF.jpgdORVkkp.jpgiXIFUHX.jpg

Love the mod! Will be great use for my super heavy rocket collection.

Side note: I believe there needs to be some configurating for the mods engines. The model looks great with the engine skirt, but the actual engine performance is pretty underwhelming. Perhaps a large boost in thrust is in order?

exvaBmn.png

GfuQQPc.png

Edited by NateDaBeast

1 minute ago, NateDaBeast said:

Love the mod! Will be great use for my super heavy rocket collection.

Side note: I believe there needs to be some configurating for the mods engines. The model looks great with the engine skirt, but the actual engine performance is pretty underwhelming. Perhaps a large boost in thrust is in order?

exvaBmn.png

GfuQQPc.png

they are BDB engines, they have the correct thrust

IRL, downscaled

20 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

they are BDB engines, they have the correct thrust

IRL, downscaled

I understand they're from BDB so then perhaps its the parts in the mod themselves? Regardless, it just seems like the craft doesn't have enough thrust. I am launching it with just a remote control unit on it, yet it has a very slow/hard launch. 

Even with mechjeb, I cannot even reach 100km orbit in JNSQ. 

1 minute ago, NateDaBeast said:

I understand they're from BDB so then perhaps its the parts in the mod themselves? Regardless, it just seems like the craft doesn't have enough thrust. I am launching it with just a remote control unit on it, yet it has a very slow/hard launch. 

Even with mechjeb, I cannot even reach 100km orbit in JNSQ. 

maybe the tank volume is too high

23 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

I drained the oxidiser from the big tank, now it has a boosterless payloadless TWR of about 0.85, this didn't lower the burntime of the RS-68s

5i975R8.png

Above is before I drained the oxidizer from the big tank. (With boosters and a remote control unit)

Below is after draining the oxidizer from the big tank. So overall it appears to have improved the craft significantly. Perhaps this is all it is.

5vp0jOi.png

1 hour ago, NateDaBeast said:

5i975R8.png

Above is before I drained the oxidizer from the big tank. (With boosters and a remote control unit)

Below is after draining the oxidizer from the big tank. So overall it appears to have improved the craft significantly. Perhaps this is all it is.

5vp0jOi.png

You gotta switch the big tank to LH only because the small tank is oxidizer only.

4 hours ago, Rocketry101 said:

i meant the background look like real solar system

You noticed that! It's another mod I made call "Cape Kanaveral". Recreate the whole cape canaveral. Like Katniss's Cape Canaveral and Real KSC in KSP did but for KSRSS. It's still unreleased yet.

3 hours ago, Pioneer_Steve said:

The Original CEV.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Orion part shouldn't appear there because its completeness is too low. I uploaded the wrong file. (Don't worry I won't delete it)

1 hour ago, NateDaBeast said:

5i975R8.png

5vp0jOi.png

Cause it still under development, I didn't adjust fuel amount properly, just give it a rough number. If you can help me, I will be very grateful!

48 minutes ago, Kablob said:

You gotta switch the big tank to LH only because the small tank is oxidizer only.

Ah, that'll do it/help too, thanks did not think about this!

21 minutes ago, rogerwang86 said:

Cause it still under development, I didn't adjust fuel amount properly, just give it a rough number. If you can help me, I will be very grateful!

Yes I understand! I hate being that guy annoying a developer, but I thought it was just something that needed attention. I am not sure how I can help, but removing the oxidizer from the big tank improved the performance immensely. Prior to the change I could not even make it into orbit, after the change I could make a 100x100km orbit. 

The user I quoted above you helped out a lot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.