[RELEASED][1.9.x-1.12.x] Precursors Planet Pack (OLD THREAD)

wpetula

if this replaces the system, i gotta ask the obligatory question every system replacer gets (but not a serious one)

when interstellar version!!1!

Edited by Souptime
Oh hey llok new page

21 hours ago, Souptime said:

if this replaces the system, i gotta ask the obligatory question every system replacer gets (but not a serious one)

when interstellar version!!1!

No idea! Right now, I'm still focusing on designing planets and moons. Once the solar system is complete, I will look into implementing interstellar support.

19 hours ago, ffx said:

why is ther no atmo rim?

I was probably zoomed out too far.  The rim appears when you get closer to the planet.

2 hours ago, wpetula said:

No idea! Right now, I'm still focusing on designing planets and moons. Once the solar system is complete, I will look into implementing interstellar support.

it wasnt meant as a serious question, but great to know that interstellar will be added one day!

PROGRESS UPDATE #10

Remember that "upcoming moon" teaser that I scrapped? I made the moon in the teaser without a plan, and that was a mistake. So, I removed the moon from the game entirely and waited for inspiration.

2EoUN79vIKLvuH8Q6Aut6JQT9oPq_W1-Fu11kMHswPI5EZ6FEcyl8XThtGKvUisUaLkUu6blNyelEIeQN9g5p5qohkQHzhMs8maVoZWTFvYRmJwwwKfZeMRgTOZf5heUetPTSiV8

Inspiration finally struck. :)

Edited by wpetula
Updated image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As you may have noticed, development on this mod has slowed to a stop. Please note that I am not giving up on the mod! The computer I was using was ill-equipped to handle KSP (it was an office computer) and needed to be fixed. Development will begin again in late June / early July.

• 1 month later...

Overhaul Update #0: New planet coming soon!:happy: 

WA-c3cGVlU2P89GOa5We6sOSiA0KppFX53FfsWIWi1GcagpGiQfziospr5GQZKOt548mMg8CqY9oFBldwRDZBOd8QikaggWKjgGES5oxvpFGmbN-WFBYRqYR4aotmajMEz7aLISJ

I found a way to make my textures super detailed, so I am likely going to redo this mod.

Yes, I'm scrapping 6 months of work, but now that I know what I'm doing, finishing the mod shouldn't take that long.

Thank you everyone for your support and patience!

Edited by wpetula

Overhaul Update #1: A boiling world dancing on the edge of the inferno

TA0qWr79O6biiDvxvUvRezecEBDpHIwj0pLmWpdU11NFmWoOv-VtSVgWOmzbb3vK4xuCCk2N53MFKpsJSr94__FWmEwOt3XIgIcDcdkOW-JoxYxaNPlu5ipW2MhGPU0YVU8rog19

I spent pretty much the whole day working on this one. It's a little hard to see, but this planet has some insane terrain features for you to explore! More updates coming in the following days.

Edited by wpetula
Better pic

Overhaul Update #2: A seemingly gentle world full with life. 

yu0dux3lROlIC2bJwf6usHoP9JQ3TYW2IGao3LheNMjywtGNjeH8jjfCMtiTvtGofIttHHneozeLluGtzR8lAQtKHIAU9pTnY_nlO9n7KzoM2eJjY2AMDg77cstrzfomVdg2Kikw

NOTE: Currently, I'm having trouble making custom EVE cloud maps and Scatterer atmosphere colors. Any help would be appreciated!

36 minutes ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

I don't really think it looks great with a ring system. Also, is there a way for the images to stop being squished horizontially?

When viewed on a phone or a small device, all of the images will be warped. You can try turning your mobile device sideways to fix the warping. If that doesn't work, using a laptop or computer is the only solution (that I'm aware of).

EDIT: I just realized that the images were warped because I made them too big. Thanks for catching this!

Edited by wpetula

OVERHAUL UPDATE #5: A rocky moon with a scarred surface.

seJKRyoJVr0t0rNkLq-MXZm6ie7Tkqk2fakjrL10ROMaY4TdQuYsDL1Gd5Cj2VbstmnASK40GShweBem9PzpZRuNK3eKCCiQ_O1fc5-XSGeGYale-PUA5ral-4kiWtZW7P1BTxA1

I know I've been posting a lot of pictures of Frontier. Although the Frontier System is far from finished, future overhaul updates will focus on other places in the solar system. Stay tuned!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.