The Modded Life

Opteryx

i once did this thing where i installed a bunch of other star systems, kerbal konstructs, and old boom boom (any interstellar propulsion mod will do). the rule was, if you landed a kerbal on a planet in one piece, you could set up a custom spaceport with kk on that planet and launch your next mission from there.  i had managed to set up many kerbal outposts in multiple star systems. of course i broke everything when i tried to update all the things.  not all versions of kk played nice with this kind of thing, some didnt work so well on planets other than kerbin, worse on 3rd party planets. having to build a base was also tedius. i think i limited myself to one runway and/or launch pad depending on what the planet/moon would require, some fuel tanks and some kind of habitat.

would be cool if there was a meta-mod where if you planted a flag and then land a lot of different resources within a radius of that flag. perhaps some mining gear and a rover, it would pass commands to kk to set up a suitable pre-fab base. would be cool if it was like ksc where you would start with a basic base and upgrade it with funds. anyway i expect that to be a thing in ksp2.  ive tried the extraplanetary launch pads approach and i didn't like that i couldn't make surface bases static and you also had to micro manage your base a bit more than i would like. they would always get destroyed, and usually by something stupid like a lod glitch and never in a rocket explosion like you would expect. very hard to keep those saves alive. 

Edited by Nuke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.