Error when assigning the joystick

I have a problem with the joystick axis assignment.
I have 2 joysticks but it does not allow me to map them. 
Let me explain better. When I go to configure the joystick the pitch axis for example, it recognises joy1.0 (axis 0 joystick one), but when I click on accept it gives me Joy0.0, so when I enter the KSP game it does not see the joystick.
Same thing with joystick 2... it always accepts it as joy0.0.

The problem is similar to this:

Is it possible that this problem has not been solved since 2016?
 Do you have any suggestions?

I would suggest to use the mod AFBW, it spares you so much pain when you want to use joysticks in KSP. Try it. Most probably you will never mess with the stock joystick setup again.

Sorry I cant help you with the direct issue, me and many others just gave up dealing with this headache and just went with AFBW, its a super nice mod, easy to use and reliable.

The joystick(s) need to be connected and powered when you start KSP, in order to make the bindings work.

• Quit KSP completely.
  • Make sure your joystick(s) are plugged in and powered if needed.
  • Restart KSP, the bindings should work now.

You only need to do that when you are first setting up the bindings in KSP.  After the bindings are set, you can start KSP without the joysticks plugged in, and they’ll still work.

12 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Suggerirei di usare il mod AFBW, ti risparmia così tanto dolore quando vuoi usare i joystick in KSP. Provalo. Molto probabilmente non incasinerai mai più la configurazione del joystick di serie.

Scusa, non posso aiutarti con il problema diretto, io e molti altri abbiamo appena smesso di affrontare questo mal di testa e sono andato con AFBW, è un mod super bello, facile da usare e affidabile.

It was recommended to me for another problem with the joystick....I suppose it is really important to download it...

I wonder how a game with such a large following can still have such bugs, which have not been fixed!

1 minute ago, 18Watt said:

The joystick(s) need to be connected and powered when you start KSP, in order to make the bindings work.

• Quit KSP completely.
  • Make sure your joystick(s) are plugged in and powered if needed.
  • Restart KSP, the bindings should work now.

You only need to do that when you are first setting up the bindings in KSP.  After the bindings are set, you can start KSP without the joysticks plugged in, and they’ll still work.

I don't know what you mean by powered and plugged, but if other games recognise them I don't see why KSP wouldn't.

I've restarted KSP at least 50 times today... and disconnected and reconnected the joystick to all the USB ports on my PC.
The same thing always happens...

57 minutes ago, frankieorabona said:

I don't know what you mean by powered and plugged, but if other games recognise them I don't see why KSP wouldn't.

I'm not sure either, but that is what worked for me.

I suspect that when you first boots KSP, it looks for a joystick.  If it doesn't see one when you first load the game, it won't let you bind the axes to game functions.  So, the solution in that case is to make sure the joystick is plugged in before you start the game.

As for being 'powered', I have no idea what type of joystick you are using, you didn't specify.  Most are powered from the USB connection, but I have seen some which require their own power, usually a battery.

In my case, I'm using old Playstation2 controllers.  I'm using a MAC, so there are no driver issues.  However, for my computer to recognize the PS2 controllers, they need to be in 'Analog' mode.  If I'm binding the controllers for the first time, not only do they need to be plugged in when I first start KSP, but also in 'Analog' mode.

I'm sorry my suggestion did not work for you.  Watching the video you provided, that is exactly the problem I was experiencing.  In my case, starting KSP with the controllers attached solved the problem.

1 hour ago, frankieorabona said:

My joystick is this one:

I am not the best person to help- I use MAC computers.  However, I do have a question-

Does the joystick work on your computer with other games?   If not, there may be a driver issue, where your computer is having trouble seeing the joystick, or at least telling KSP that the joystick is there.

I think I found the A-PAC encoder, which looks interesting.  Their webpage suggests that you should be able to check the controller function in Windows in Control Panel, Game Devices.  Does the controller work properly from that screen?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.