AutoManeuver Mod Development

6 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

One thing I would find super useful personally - execute next maneuver node whether or not the craft is currently focused in the flight scene. And then execute the one after that, and then the one after that... So you could essentially queue up commands in a given vessel to happen at appropriate times, like on actual space missions (by creating and then queueing/assigning maneuver nodes as the 'commands'). That way, you could leave your mission to run without needing to switch to each vessel that needs to execute a maneuver at specific times, and then switching back to the flight scene you want to focus on, and then switching again...

Of course, you can use KAC to set alarms for maneuver nodes now, but you still have to perform each maneuver on each craft every time something needs to happen, instead of abstracting some of the maneuvers and 'letting mission control take care of it', in a sense.

It sounds like this is probably outside the scope of what you're interesting in doing, but thought I'd throw the idea out there as a potentially interesting one that would permit more strategic mission planning as opposed to micromanaging maneuvers.

Way outside the scope of this, especially if you are thinking about unloaded vessels.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Way outside the scope of this, especially if you are thinking about unloaded vessels.

Roger that. Just throwing it out there; it's one aspect of KSP that I really wish existed, so I could send a mission off and then go busy myself with other stuff that needs attention and time-warping. :) Maybe KSP2!

9 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Roger that. Just throwing it out there; it's one aspect of KSP that I really wish existed, so I could send a mission off and then go busy myself with other stuff that needs attention and time-warping. :) Maybe KSP2!

Most likely will not happen with KSP2 either, but that's just my opinion

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The trouble with most mods is that they start out as a good and simple idea but then the developers are browbeaten off the path by potential users and get into areas they had no intention of going into.

If a developer made a series of mods which each did one thing and did it well, like performing the next plotted manoeuvre, I would be in there like a rat up a drainpipe.

If this series of mods could also be used separately or together without conflict then I would clean the developer's alter once a month (except bank holidays)

If these mods were properly tested and were so simple that they just worked without glitching and giving my PC an Estroke then I for one would be a very happy fellow.

D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.