Help Needed: What do I do after this? (Duna attempt)

Hi there, I'm new to the forum but I've stalked it for awhile and I've had KSP since the release of .16. Anyways, I need some help. I have an orbit around the sun that basically matches Duna's (my target) but I don't know what to do from here. Last night I tried a highly elliptical orbit to try to intercept it like I do with the Mun, but it just didn't work. I spent 6 in-game years trying to intercept Duna with no luck. Here's what I tried this morning:

screenshot1_zpsf5515e61.png

What am I supposed to do now? Or did I screw up?

Take your ship to an orbit that is a bit higher (farther from the sun) than duna's on both PE and AP. Then it's simply a matter of timewarping until Duna catches up with you. If you're feeling adventurous you could also take the orbit even higher to speed up the process. Just remember to brake down to a low enough orbit early enough to let Duna catch you.

I suggest changing your approach altogether.

Kosmo-not made an excellent guide on how to do interplanetary transfers.

(http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/16511-Interplanetary-How-To-Guide)

It's a bit math heavy, but it is better explained with this calculator.

(http://ksp.olex.biz/)

It's much more efficient than matching orbits, and takes much less time.

in addition to those guides, I use the program "Screen Scales" to measure my angles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.