Hey everyone. 

So I was building my space station lately, and as I was adding new parts, I wanted to add strust to keep everything in place as it's a bit shaky when I'm manoeuvering the station. So I added some (a huge bunch) of strusts to a storage and I sent it to my station. I took an engineer lvl 3, went into building mode, and I added the strusts linking my different modules. However, if I leave the station focus, like going to tracking station, or doing F5/F9 they all disappear. Well, they don't really disappear as they're still there, but they're not linked anymore. I'm adding a screenshot so you can see the strusts being there, but not linking anything. I was playing with some mods, so I unistalled/reinstalled the game, but I still have this issue. And I believe I've created this save files after the release of the update "Some Assembly Required". Here's the screeshot https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/650021202676547588/818428290624520202/unknown.png

PS: I'm sorry for  the mistakes I may have made, English isn't my main language.

PS2: Don't judge my station, I had fun building it!

4 hours ago, WhiitEstaaR said:

Hey everyone. 

So I was building my space station lately, and as I was adding new parts, I wanted to add strust to keep everything in place as it's a bit shaky when I'm manoeuvering the station. So I added some (a huge bunch) of strusts to a storage and I sent it to my station.

If you go to Options and enable Advanced Tweakables you can use Autostruts.

Autostruts are far superior than the normal ones, they don't count as parts(less lag in big crafts), they don't appear visually so you avoid all these lines, they are just awesome.

You can right click almost any part and you can turn them on independently and your craft will be so sturdy, i recommend using grandparent only since heaviest is a bit tricky.

There are several posts-guides if you google, sometimes the normal ones are still used for visual reasons but autostruts is the way to go.

Edited by Boyster

Thank you for your reply. I'll try that.

What are autostruts concretely ? I don't have to add struts anymore and pieces get locked in position by themselves ? Do I have to restart a new save file or will my current one be "update" ?

RE-EDIT: Ok I've found it, the name isn't the same at all in French, it's called "Advanced Settings".  Thanks again for this tips, it's truly useful !! I can also aim the camera at a certain module!

Edited by WhiitEstaaR

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.