Oceans?!?!?!

It would be crazy if there was something else to do in oceans other than crash land or make a base there when you run out of fuel when entering laythe. I was thinking starting off small like science experiments for different deepness but if you really wanna go crazy, add submarine parts to the game and make water pressure a thing. I know this is a huge thing and if its included it would have to be in ksp 2. anyways this is a stretch since its kerbal space program not kerbal space and ocean exploration program (although one could say they are an important part to know of other celestial bodies)

It's actually not an uncommon request.  There already is  optional water pressure, but every stock part has the same pressure tolerance  (~400m underwater) so all it does it keep you from reaching the bottom if its turned on.   It is possible to make functional stock submarines & submerged bases, but it usually takes a LOT of full ore tanks to sink.   I can't think of any specific ones off the top of my head, but check on KerbalX for ideas

There are a couple mods that add submarine parts, which is probably the best you can hope for in KSP.   "Moist" is one, but I haven't used it.  Buffalo (by @Angel-125 ) adds submersible parts and IIRC adds a mechanic to increase pressure tolerance.   I haven't messed with it in 1.11, but when I was more active in KSP (up to ver 1.9) it was one of my favorite mods.  I think there might be one or two more as well - maybe one of the USI mods.

Here's a Laythe drone sub I sent to gather ocean science a while back, using some Buffalo parts (the prop & ballast tanks specifically)

1IasWf6h.png?1

Exploring the oceans is pretty cool and quite ‘relaxing’ I find. But like the space aspect (which also suffers from this), you need something to do when you get there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.