{WIP} Blockets! Cubic Rockets!

kpcSrz3.png

8lNg4ew.png

I will probably add a few assorted blocks as "turbopumps"

Something real dumb I've put minimal time into!

More deets to follow.....:cool:

Plans

• Cubic fuel tank 1.25m
  • SL engine 1.25m
  • Vac engine 1.25m
  • Cubic 1.875m tank
  • Vac and SL 1.875m engine
  • Command pod; both sizes
  • Probe core, both sizes
  • Other bills and bobs that seem helpful

All jokes aside, if anyone has suggestions they would be greatly appreciated :-)

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

seems very interesting, and your UV unwrapping process will be a lot easier than my aerospike (How am I supposed to deal with all these pipes?)

44 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

8lNg4ew.png

I will probably add a few assorted blocks as "turbopumps"

You'll need to solidify that thing or cover the endcaps. KSP doesn't render backfaces, which will result in your part being see-through when you look from the bottom unless you cover that up. (maybe select that bottom hole, Mesh>Clean Up> Fill Holes, select the resulting face, Inset Faces a little, then select the inset, Face>Poke Faces, then push the center vertex up to about the throat of the engine. That should cover it up while still looking like an engine bell)

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

23 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

can you make a 10m cubocket? you could just upscale the 1.25m parts xD

8 blockets wide, I would recommend ReCoupler mod so the cubes can actually be connected to all its neighbours (and not just the ones above and below it in the part tree):

Of course, Blockets hasn't gone anywhere near Unity yet, so prepare to wait a long time.

On the plus side, this will be one of the few mods that don't need proper mesh colliders (the cubical structure allows it to use the computationally-cheaper cube collider)

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

So assuming I have time this evening, I hope to finish the engine, make sure I have it created right, and then maybe I will try something texture/UV related?

Spoiler

halp

the textures

they scare me

however, I may not have time tonight. Or tomorrow.  We'll see!

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

15 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

we need blocky waterfall plumes for this xD

I actually want to do that. I'll ask Nert if it's possible once I get to that stage.

7 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

I can help

Do you want these to look like metal crates/containers, LEGO, or Minecraft iron?

Not sure yet. I'm thinking closer to being a steel surface. Maybe a white metal surface with some tiles like Antares or Zenit. 

Again, not sure.

I appreciate your advice though :D

2 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

i am feeling slightly inadequate

I sometimes feel inadequate when looking at stuff other people can do in Blender and other 3d apps (I've been dabbling in 3D modelling since 2015, and the most complicated thing I've made it that aerospike, while some people can go from blender cube to Starship concepts in less that 2 years)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.