Space Tourism

Lo.M

Space Tourism  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Space Tourism

2. 2. Space Hotels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2021 at 03:00 AM

In ksp 2 we could have space tourism? As a way to raise funds or something like this, we could use rockets, airplanes, balloons and other means to do this tourism, we could also add hotels in space for the same purpose to raise funds.

Spoiler

Virgin Galactic

Ver a imagem de origem

Space Perspective:

Ver a imagem de origem

Aurora Station (Space Hotel):

Ver a imagem de origem

Edited by Lo.M

2 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

This coul dbe implenmented as career mode!

They've previously said (and no I don't remember where, but it was posted on here somewhere) the main game mode would be more like science than career mode, so unless that was incorrect, it implies no funds or contracts, and therefore no reason to launch tourists.  It's actually the first thing I saw that shifted my opinion of KSP2 from "buy it the day it releases" to "I'll wait & see"

2 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

They've previously said (and no I don't remember where, but it was posted on here somewhere) the main game mode would be more like science than career mode, so unless that was incorrect, it implies no funds or contracts, and therefore no reason to launch tourists.  It's actually the first thing I saw that shifted my opinion of KSP2 from "buy it the day it releases" to "I'll wait & see"

Not sure they have been that clear on how the new mode will play just that it will be one adventure mode and sandbox. Good they are thinking early as science always felt like the easiest way to add a progression and career felt like it was tacked on at the end to for fill the design brief. 

I see no reason tourists wouldn’t be part of the game, early it’s the novelty of space that brings them in, mid games they are colonists, late game they are visiting relatives and sites as engines allow return trips in short periods. 

15 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

It implies that their not copying the exact gameplay as seen in KSP, and that's it, everything else is just speculation on our part. That's a good thing, career and science are not exactly brilliant pieces of game design, they're barely more than placeholders for some feature that never got implemented (just like an actual texture for the Oscar-B).

In light of what we've seen of KSP2 contracts and funds are in a weird position, in KSP1 they're there as a "make-believe tool" to help you pretend your bases, stations and satellites have an actual use and are not completely inert and useless crafts. In KSP2 you won't need that, stations, bases will not be empty shells but research bases, mining outposts, refineries, factories, launch centers, colonies, orbital shipyards and cities.

Even in the most barebone implementation possible they'll have a functionality, they'll need you to build them, transfer resources and rotate or move crews, that completely kills the reason funds, but especially contracts, were put into KSP1.

That means that contracts, funds or tourism will not be in KSP2 or will be useless? No, but it means that their main reason to exist in KSP1 has been solved in another, better, way and if they're there in KSP2 they'll be used for other reasons as tutorials, additional gameplay mechanics or alternative gameplay loops and not to cover the utter uselessness of building and launching anything bigger than a scientist on a chair with a bunch of science tools and the best probe core you've unlocked.

Edited by Master39

On 3/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, Lo.M said:

In ksp 2 we could have space tourism? As a way to raise funds or something like this, we could use rockets, airplanes, balloons and other means to do this tourism, we could also add hotels in space for the same purpose to raise funds.

Reveal hidden contents

Virgin Galactic

Ver a imagem de origem

Space Perspective:

Ver a imagem de origem

Aurora Station (Space Hotel):

Ver a imagem de origem

I would love this, but just as like a side mission type thing. So you don’t have to do it to progress, but if you do then you get additional funds and reputation. I just wouldn’t want to get a lot of funds or rep from it, as like I said it should only really be a thing on the side and mainly for fun but you do get a little something for your effort.