• yes similar to ksp1
    • no
    • yes but completely different from ksp1
  2. 2. science mode

• yes similar to ksp1
    • no
    • yes but completely different from ksp1
  3. 3. war mode(multiplayer)

So career seems to be the most requested mode with only 1 / 56 votes against it, and yet it's also the only one that they're openly against (replacing with "adventure mode")

These devs are so out of touch with the community, it's becoming a bad joke.

Why is multiplayer called "war mode"? Doesn't that undermine voters that want multiplayer to do anything but war?

Also, where is sandbox?

The devs aren't out of touch, it's whatever this is supposed to be. You're out of touch. Career mode is completely flawed and I have faith in the developers to not mess up adventure mode.

b0k5aJP.png

Parts will be "paid for" using resources, which makes sense given the focus on interplanetary resource extraction

But what about parts built on Kerbin?

Career mode is the only mode I play, so it's pretty disappointing that they're cancelling it.

2 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Just to double-check where was adventure mode confirmed? I believe you but I’m just curious about it.

In one or two of the early interviews with Nate. I'm thinking it was ShadowZone and/or Snark were it is said.

6 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Just to double-check where was adventure mode confirmed? I believe you but I’m just curious about it.

They talked a bit about it in the PC gamer article in 2020:

"Throughout Kerbal’s new career mode, which the developers have nicknamed ‘adventure mode’, making discoveries and unlocking new technologies will trigger these boom events, which kick off various effects across your civilisation. In a colony’s nursery module, for example, that means making new colonists. “You know, discoveries make kerbals happy,” Markham says. ...The goal of adventure mode is to provide a far more ambitious campaign for players to embark on, building ships powerful enough to leave the solar system. The structure will include specific missions, but creative director Nate Simpson says these will feel more “compelling” than some of the first game’s missions, which would direct you to fly to a specific latitude/ longitude and trigger a part on your ship. “Those felt grindy. We’re going out of our way to make the mission goals for adventure mode feel meaningful: real firsts that feel unique relative to every other goal in the game.”

Edited by Pthigrivi

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

Bro 80% of responders said "Yes but completely different from KSP1", as in rebuild career mode completely, which is exactly what they're doing. [snip]

Again with these narratives that anyone who has doubts about the design decisions is a "troll" or "conspiracy theorist." And I can already hear the army of moderators lining up to delete all my posts again for calling this out.

With multiplayer I was hoping for a commercial and competitive experience, like playing a space agency and competing for goals like the Ansari X, and making profits. Having kerbals reproduce based on milestones is so unrealistic and immersion breaking. They're aliens, so they would come from something like a hatchery part that requires some rare resources to incubate them in for growth.

[snip] with the lack of info around key features so late in the development phase, these doubts will only grow over time.

Edited by Vanamonde

3 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

With multiplayer I was hoping for a commercial and competitive experience, like playing a space agency and competing for goals like the Ansari X, and making profits. Having kerbals reproduce based on milestones is so unrealistic and immersion breaking. They're aliens, so they would come from something like a hatchery part that requires some rare resources to incubate them in for growth.

This is a totally legitimate opinion, and lots of folks share it. We don't yet know if money is or isn't going to be a factor yet, and there have been lots of great conversations on this topic. As far as kerbal reproduction goes I think the idea that they're excited by discovery and thats what increases your population is a really fun idea for cartoon green people in a light-hearted game. It also closes an important game-loop for colonization, where new colonists means bigger vessels means further exploration means more colonists. Out of all the little clues we've gotten about game mechanics this is one of the cleverest. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

I want there to be the original game modes but with online counterparts, career online could have the option to cooperate with other people, or space race or it could be like GTA online where its just tons of people completing missions for money and getting bigger and bigger and the more $$$ you get more toys to play with and to bully your competitors with. there could be some chaos mode like sandbox where anybody can join up and ppl just  go crazy 

9 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Also, where is sandbox?

well cause it will defenetly be there. its the one thing im certain ill happen and i think everyone wants it almost exactly the same so why even have a vote

9 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

But what about parts built on Kerbin?

well there arent that many resources on kerbin so ill guess you have to buy them. and its probably the same with kerbals

11 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

So career seems to be the most requested mode with only 1 / 56 votes against it, and yet it's also the only one that they're openly against (replacing with "adventure mode")

Is it useful to have 2 different gamemodes each one half baked like in KSP1?

No, its not. For a new game developed from scratch it makes sense to unify the two and give it a name different than both to convey that it's not one or the other that simply got canned. At the end of the day Science it's just a career mode with infinite money and no contracts or reputation, it can be dealt with a savestate or a preset instead of being considered a different gamemode.

Does money have the same meaning in a game with self sufficient colonies able to build and launch rockets from extracted resources?

No, it doesn't, whatever role money will have in KSP2, if present, will be different from what we've seen in KSP1, not due to cuts to the gameplay but the opposite, the new stuff they're adding makes defining gamemodes based on the cost of things coming out of the VAB impossible.

Money only for Kerbin? It's an element only at the beginning up to your first launch capable colony, money of kerbal services and living? It's a completely different gameplay from what money meant in KSP.

BTW The same goes for Sandbox, free everything at the KSC, ok, easy to do, but what about those huge things only buildable in orbit? What about launches from colonies? What about colonies themselves? Free buildings? Infinite resources? Sandbox in KSP1 goes from the cheat mode you use to test crafts and mess around with catapults and contraptions (not unlike creative mode in Minecraft) to the "just disable the stock progression 'cause I don't like it and I'm following my headcanon anyway" mode in KSP2 the devs will be forced to choose one of the two as the defacto sandbox mode and probably leave something near an half of the Sandbox mod users without their favorite gamemode.

As @Pthigrivi said we had lengty and in dept discussion about this argument in the last 2 years or something, you can find them... somwhere, in the last 6 or 7 pages of forum we've filled with speculating and arguing abotu this kind of things.

Edited by Master39

1. Using fewer words for clarity. Strictly my opinion. Forget KSP1 - you are too used to it. Main mode for KSP2:

Discover -> explore -> do science -> build and grow colony -> mine resources -> build and automate transport infrastructure -> expand with new shipyard / launchpad -> repeat.

All this motivated by well written quests and intrigue.

2. Science mode would just be similar but you focus on exploration and discovery of new (default / pre-built) launch locations without us building colonies or mining stuff.

3. Sandbox mode is a given.

4. Money can't buy resources that no one has mined. So forget about money. We're building with raw resources and (I hope) time.

5. We really do not know anything about multiplayer except we're going to have emotes for kerbals. Everything about multiplayer is just speculation.

6. Stop the speculation! Please devs communicate more about the game!

7 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Sandbox mode is a given

Not in the way your expecting. It seemingly will be tied to your progress in career, or it will have locations hidden until you discover them. 

7 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Stop the speculation! Please devs communicate more about the game!

What would be left to discover if the devs explain every aspect of the game? What fun will there be if you knew everything that was coming and already knew how to overcome each challenge? That seems boring to me.

7 hours ago, Vl3d said:

6. Stop the speculation! Please devs communicate more about the game!

You already said this in another part of the forum and someone came to explain that it wasn't up to Intercept. So I don't get why this is being brought up again.

14 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

So I don't get why this is being brought up again.

It's just one idea out of 6, I didn't make a thread out of it. Call me Socrates pupil, I want to be vocal about my thoughts because my intention is good. Aren't we all curios about the game, don't you want to know more facts?

6 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

It's just one idea out of 6, I didn't make a thread out of it. Call me Socrates pupil, I want to be vocal about my thoughts because my intention is good. Aren't we all curios about the game, don't you want to know more facts?

Asking the devs to do things that are completely out of their power doesn't help much, does it? If you're so passionate about hearing more facts then you should write directly to T2 rather than disregarding the forum's advice on what you're trying to do.

18 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

Having kerbals reproduce based on milestones is so unrealistic and immersion breaking. They're aliens, so they would come from something like a hatchery part that requires some rare resources to incubate them in for growth.

Instead of making us increase population for meaningful accomplishments, you propose we go out and grind for some random unnamed resource that's apparently needed for Kerbals to reproduce?

18 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

And I can already hear the army of moderators lining up to delete all my posts again for calling this out.

Calling what out? You're being out of touch.

19 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

Career mode is the only mode I play, so it's pretty disappointing that they're cancelling it.

You're disappointed they're cancelling unfulfilling grind? It's completely unsurprising so many want career rebuilt and that the devs are fulfilling this wish.