MiniKerbalShuttle v1.5

DimonD

6 minutes ago, DimonD said:

I think I'll have to turn to experienced modders for help, it's a pity that there is no tutorial on this issue.

And here are the almost complete textures of two shuttles, and one test aircraft, this test aircraft will be introduced into the game first and will be released as a beta test, but first you need to figure out how to make it work in Unity)

349f87b0eae608a229706b490332d5f2.png

2e45497003d5ae38b836319ee0531a14.png

I must say it does look amazing at this state :o

have you considered making an all-black variant? I think that might look cool. 

22 minutes ago, DimonD said:

I think I'll have to turn to experienced modders for help, it's a pity that there is no tutorial on this issue.

And here are the almost complete textures of two shuttles, and one test aircraft, this test aircraft will be introduced into the game first and will be released as a beta test, but first you need to figure out how to make it work in Unity)

349f87b0eae608a229706b490332d5f2.png

2e45497003d5ae38b836319ee0531a14.png

Great job! If you need help with aerodynamics write me in PM, I have experience how to create lift force.

Lift in KSP without FAR is:(example from Contares single-part glider)

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLiftingSurface
        useInternalDragModel = True
        deflectionLiftCoeff = 1.5
        dragAtMaxAoA = 0.6
        dragAtMinAoA = 0.0
    }

and also CoMoffset, CoPoffset and CoLoffset and drag values. Get a NodeHelper to help with coordinates of offsets to tune this. Also there is a RetractableLiftingSurface mod that uses same module, but can activate only when animation is in certain state.

On 3/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I must say it does look amazing at this state :o

have you considered making an all-black variant? I think that might look cool. 

Thanks!

Actually no, from the beginning I said that there will be only three versions of the shuttle, not counting the test plane.

And here is the latest version of the shuttle, it will be made in the style of benjee10.

1a5565d2f1aeb7f9bb02cff366fba670.png

On 3/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, Alcentar said:

Great job! If you need help with aerodynamics write me in PM, I have experience how to create lift force.

Thank you,  really need it now!

On 3/23/2021 at 9:16 PM, Hohmannson said:

Lift in KSP without FAR is:(example from Contares single-part glider)

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLiftingSurface
        useInternalDragModel = True
        deflectionLiftCoeff = 1.5
        dragAtMaxAoA = 0.6
        dragAtMinAoA = 0.0
    }

and also CoMoffset, CoPoffset and CoLoffset and drag values. Get a NodeHelper to help with coordinates of offsets to tune this. Also there is a RetractableLiftingSurface mod that uses same module, but can activate only when animation is in certain state. and also CoMoffset, CoPoffset and CoLoffset and drag values. Get a NodeHelper to help with coordinates of offsets to tune this. Also there is a RetractableLiftingSurface mod that uses same module, but can activate only when animation is in certain state.

Thank you! I gradually began to understand this and find more and more information, it's time to start putting the knowledge gained into practice, but first I'll ask Alcentar for some nuances)

On 3/24/2021 at 12:36 AM, Souptime said:

names for V1: Urania, goddess of astronomy, and apparently vesta is goddess of the hearth or something idk where i got it as god/goddess of spacecraft

I like the idea of the names of the gods from ancient Greek mythology, then I think it is possible to name the latest version of the shuttle "Aurora", after the goddess of the dawn)

20 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I think it`s for a jetengine for atmospherical flights like Buran had.

thats fun

Not sure what I'll use this for, I barely can fit payloads in my SOCK shuttle :D but I will surely try this little thing out. Also, whater the plans for launching this? shuttle style or ontop of a rocket?

3 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Not sure what I'll use this for, I barely can fit payloads in my SOCK shuttle :D but I will surely try this little thing out. Also, whater the plans for launching this? shuttle style or ontop of a rocket?

I'm interested in that as well.

It is inspired by MAKS and Dream Chaser, so maybe both? 

So, I am ready to release the first beta version of an analogue aircraft for testing in the atmosphere, to be honest, I expected the worst, but still it is capable of taking off and landing. :D

This is my first release of the add-on, so if you find any bugs please let know about them.

Special thanks to  @Alcentar  for help with Unity, help with aerodynamics tuning, and tips for turbo engine animations!!!

d717c20dae2bcd66c74471f9d5bde2fe.png

Release:  

https://spacedock.info/mod/2678/KerbalMiniShuttle?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi, congrats on the release.

На странице SpaceDock написано, что лицензия-GPLv2, но License.txt файл гласит: "Все права защищены".
Which is correct?

Fixed,  license only GPLv2.

1 hour ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Awesome!!!

I look forward to using this!

Is it made for stock or Real Scale?

Reveal hidden contents

But just to make sure, no April fool joke? :wink:

Thanks!

For stock only  )

10 hours ago, DimonD said:

let know

Lights on/off doesn't seem to do anything in flight scene, flight(or gliding) without attaching your jets and SRBs is nearly impossible - the plane quickly flips nose-up. To good news - the texturing is great!

On 4/2/2021 at 2:50 AM, Hohmannson said:

Lights on/off doesn't seem to do anything in flight scene, flight(or gliding) without attaching your jets and SRBs is nearly impossible - the plane quickly flips nose-up. To good news - the texturing is great!

What does "Lights on / off doesn't seem to do anything in flight scene" mean?
This may be translation difficulties, but if you mean the light of the windows then it works great)

30c6b18ece6d2aa163b5c786deb1aaec.png

Also, I would like to know how you experienced it, that you faced serious control problems, because I still conduct tests and yes, sometimes it turns over, but not constantly, it is enough just to control it more smoothly, without very abrupt actions.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, Cloakedwand72 said:

Yes! Another space plane to check out! Would be cool if you could make a 2.5 adapter for the next release. 

Can try to do this, although now is busy with a vehicle for delivering it into space)

2 hours ago, DimonD said:

light of the windows

Exactly. I am on 1.11.1 heavily modded and something is wrong with ModuleLight, the window lights don't switch up. I'm checking it now. About the control problems - i just needed to install the engine high and off-center, like yours, to make it fly good.

UPD

It is certainly ModuleLight not working, ModuleColorChanger works instead:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleColorChanger
        shaderProperty = _EmissiveColor
        animRate = 0.8
        animState = false
        useRate = true
        toggleInEditor = true
        toggleInFlight = true
        toggleInFlight = true
        unfocusedRange = 5
        toggleName = TLI TOGGLE
        eventOnName = TLI ON
        eventOffName = TLI OFF
        toggleAction = True
        defaultActionGroup = Light
        redCurve
        {
            key = 0 0 0 3
            key = 1 1 0 0
        }
        greenCurve
        {
            key = 0 0 0 1
            key = 1 1 1 0
        }
        blueCurve
        {
            key = 0 0 0 0
            key = 1 0.7 1.5 0
        }
        alphaCurve
        {
            key = 0 1
        }
    }

No clue why it's happening.

Edited by Hohmannson
test results

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long absence and for not answering questions, it was a tough time, I finally completed this add-on and can present it to you.

This add-on adds parts of a small shuttle to the game, which is capable of sending up in orbit Kerbin to 3-4 tons (!)

1.png

2.png

It is difficult to find practical use for it, so I added an upper stage for it to deliver small satellites outside Kerbin's orbit, as well as the main part of a satellite running on a stock ion engine.

A rocket, engines and a simple launch pad were also created for the shuttle.

screenshot31.png

The descent is easy enough, just lower the body flap down, and hold the shuttle about 5-15 degrees, 15 degrees is the limiting point after which the shuttle will roll over, but when entering the atmosphere, it is easy enough to operate so there should be no problem with this, I tried it many times and never crashed except...  

screenshot0.png

Be careful when descending! :D

There is partial support for:

Download:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2678/KerbalMiniShuttle

P.S. I am a beginner modder, and if you find any bugs please report them, I will also be glad to see your missions screenshots if someone really uses it in their game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.