MiniKerbalShuttle v1.5

DimonD

22 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

That’s extraordinary!

I look forward to playing with it!

Thanks!

I think it will not be soon  after all :D, MKS remains the main add-on, now I am working on modules for the construction of small space stations.

Quick picture:

Module.png

There was a lot of anguish with solar panels.\

And how much will it weigh a ton of 100 or less ?

23 hours ago, DimonD said:

Thanks!

I think it will not be soon  after all :D, MKS remains the main add-on, now I am working on modules for the construction of small space stations.

Quick picture:

Module.png

There was a lot of anguish with solar panels.\

Wow, these modules will be made for the cargo compartment of a mini shuttle ?

48 minutes ago, Yaroslav Russia said:

And how much will it weigh a ton of 100 or less ?

I don't know how much it will weigh)

48 minutes ago, Yaroslav Russia said:

Wow, these modules will be made for the cargo compartment of a mini shuttle ?

Of course, the modules will be of the classic 1.25m size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

OMG this is the best looking starship here. Any chance that this will be ~5 meters and that it is scaled for us 2.5x players?

Yes, it has a size of 5m, and scales specifically for 2.5x, the only problem is that I started to lose interest in it... :D

23 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

if you decide to pick it up again, I think a lot of people would be happy!

Perhaps in the future, but not now, because the project is changing too quickly, there is no point in wasting time on one model when everything may change in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@DimonD

Fourth, when I triedl loading and launching the samlple vessels, I get the following error:

24663 NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
24664   at ModuleJettison.SetupJettisonState (System.Boolean isEditor) [0x00047] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
24665   at ModuleJettison.LateUpdate () [0x0001b] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 

This was on a KSP 1.12.2 install

I have been building the shuttle part by part to see where the issue lies and the jet engine is, for now, the one part that nullreffs. Still doing more testing, but thats one part i found to bug out

and oh yes, the waterfall configs dont work

Edited by Wackenhut

27 minutes ago, Wackenhut said:

I have been building the shuttle part by part to see where the issue lies and the jet engine is, for now, the one part that nullreffs. Still doing more testing, but thats one part i found to bug out

Yes, I think he tried to make the engines also jettisonable as decouplers, not sure though.  I don't really do shuttles, so didn't spend much time on this.  Not my mod, anyway

1 hour ago, Wackenhut said:

Perhaps the problem is that you are not blocking LiquidFuel on the shuttle itself, and the rocket is simply consuming it? if this is not the problem, tell me which version of KSP you are using?

41 minutes ago, DimonD said:

Perhaps the problem is that you are not blocking LiquidFuel on the shuttle itself, and the rocket is simply consuming it? if this is not the problem, tell me which version of KSP you are using?

this is what i took out of the jetengine config to get rid of the nullrefs...

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleJettison
    jettisonName = Cap
    bottomNodeName = nodeStackRudder
    isFairing = False
    jettisonedObjectMass = 0.001
    jettisonForce = 1
    jettisonDirection = 0 0 2
}

Ofc, now i dont have a jet intake so the thing is basicly useless, but thats the thing it nullrefs on

using 1.12.2 btw, and no, the problem is not that the engine doesnt work because of no fuel, the problem is the config itself, something in that part i took out causes warning messages, constantly the same nullref error. And allthough the engine might work, the problem is in the constant console spam with error messages.

i do want to add one last thing. Apart from the wall of error messages that is neverending, the thing flies great. Granted i dont have a working jet engine now and the thing is just there for looks, as a glider, its flies great.

Edited by Wackenhut

31 minutes ago, Wackenhut said:

Apart from the wall of error messages that is neverending, the thing flies great.

This was my experience on 1.12.2 as well. A quick flight yielded me a 100MB log file so I uninstalled it. However, it did fly well and the fuel rebalancing that has been done since I last tried it seemed to be just right for KSRSS at 2.5x scale, so great job there! 

Version 1.3
Changes:
1. Completely changed rocket model and solid booster

33.png

22.png
2. Added small ion engine

IonX10.png
3. Added solar panel for satellites

sp1.png
4. Added a new small booster - KStug

KSTug.png
5. Changed the balance of the rocket
6. Now RCS on Kermes runs on regular fuel, not monoprop
7. Removed the problematic protective cover from JetEngine

I also removed stock support, and I hope I fixed all the errors.

3 hours ago, DimonD said:

I also removed stock support, and I hope I fixed all the errors.

I apologize for not being able, at the moment, to give you a report with more info. But on 1.12.2, Waterfall 0.6.7, things are just really unhappy with this mod. The flood of nullrefs is unending. Again, sorry I don't have the log for you, and if you absolutely cannot reproduce this then I'll reinstall and get a log file for you. I just put the sample craft on the launch pad, and took off.  10mb log file within seconds, no plumes on main engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.