MiniKerbalShuttle v1.5

DimonD

This add-on adds parts of a small shuttle to the game, which is capable of sending up in orbit Kerbin to 3 tons (!) :D

m3.png

m2.png

PAYLOAD2.png

DP.png

V 1.4

1. The root folder is now named "MKShuttle", so if you've used this add-on before, it will be removed from the game.
2. Some textures have been slightly updated.
3. Added one more solar panel.
4. The model of the DS-1 antenna has been changed, and a new DS-2 antenna has been added.
5. Satellites now use XenonGas for RCS.
6. Changed the position of the main docking port, now when switching to it, it will have the correct orientation for docking.

V 1.3
Changes:
1. Completely changed rocket model and solid booster
2. Added small ion engine
3. Added solar panel for satellites
4. Added a new small booster - KSTug
5. Changed the balance of the rocket
6. Now RCS on Kermes runs on regular fuel, not monoprop
7. Removed the problematic protective cover from JetEngine

Entering the atmosphere is not difficult, turn the fins up, keep the ship level horizontally on the descent and wait, it will raise its nose to the top by itself, that's all.

The names of the ships are made in different languages
Vesta (Lat)
Ūrania (Lat)
Молния (RU)  -> Lightning
Ptaszek (PL)   -> birdie
极光 (China)   -> Aurora

There is partial support for:

and

B9PS Included in add-on.

Thanks to the add-on, the shuttle will be resilient and will not require autostruts.

Search keyword for ship parts in the game "MKS"

Parts search for arm "ARM"

Сraft files customization:

Button 1 - Extend Fins
Button 2 - Retract fins to their original position
Button 3 - Extend Rudder for atmospheric braking
Button 4 - Move Rudder to its original position

Download:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2678/KerbalMiniShuttle

Edited by DimonD

6 minutes ago, DimonD said:

I quite recently started modding and still do not know much about the settings, I will deal with the nuances as I go))

The community can definitely help :D  

(maybe not me specifically, because I am new to this as well, but people here are very helpful)

1 minute ago, DimonD said:

Yes, I was inspired by the Soviet project MAKS, and Dream Chaser, so nothing surprising. :)

I look forward to it's release, there aren't very many recent mods that cover those.... :)

Looks like a good start @DimonD!!  

For now, I've moved your thread over to Add-on development.     Once you're ready to release the mod, you can start a new thread in the releases forum (probably your best choice) or you can report this thread and we'll move it back for you.  

Seeing how you say you're new to modding, give our Add-on Posting Guidelines a read.  While you're not posting any downloads yet, so you're not breaking any rules, when you do get to that point, make sure you follow the guidelines we've laid out to ensure the release (and WIP) goes smoothly. 

Cheers and good luck!

@Spaceman.Spiff

@Beetlecat

Hopefully someone really responds to help in case I get stuck at any point, but so far everything is going well enough.)

@Gargamel

It looks like I started the development thread in the wrong place, thanks for fixing my mistake, and the advices!

@Hohmannson

Yes, roughly understand how this should work, especially looking at some add-ons with shuttles.

All thanks for the support)

So, in 5 days I moved a little further, same began to make textures.
  there will be three types of switchable textures in total, i.e. three shuttles.

Here is the first option, but the texture is certainly not complete)

e7142c846134a0ffcfb97dcb296a9d5e.png

85f34c0e110620ee73c3460ace12ed79.png

db2126a399874b64880c26a6960cd598.png

3f7f2d6c10eda394475321642d23b601.png

5309550ef2706e44b37a925edee2ef74.png

cc249360decda334c50b13c50925b596.png

There should be no problems with textures, since me have experience in Photoshop.:)

22 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Maybe wou'd want to make the little wing nubbys a bit longer at their base to match the profile of the wing strakes?

Do you mean little the back where the RCS?

Sorry, it's just that English is not my native language and maybe I misunderstood you.)

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

the triangular wing strakes. that I assume fold. 

No, initially I planned to make it manageable, but at the moment decided to remake it and combine it with the rest of the model, I do not want to complicate the model, but maybe I will return to the original version again when I get more experience in creating mods.

17 minutes ago, DimonD said:

No, initially I planned to make it manageable, but at the moment decided to remake it and combine it with the rest of the model, I do not want to complicate the model, but maybe I will return to the original version again when I get more experience in creating mods.

FYI, due to KSP’s aerodynamic model, the wings will eventually have to be separate parts. 
Its unfortunate, but the way that KSP works. 
However, you don’t have to worry about that for a while. 

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

On 3/21/2021 at 7:59 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

FYI, due to KSP’s aerodynamic model, the wings will eventually have to be separate parts. 
Its unfortunate, but the way that KSP works. 
However, you don’t have to worry about that for a while. 

Actually, I think @Hohmannson is right, but I don’t know how to make the lift work in Unity because don’t find any tutorials.

6 minutes ago, DimonD said:

Actually, I think @Hohmannson is right, but I don’t know how to make the lift work in Unity because don’t find any tutorials.

Yeah. He probably knows more than me. 
I *think* that you define the lift and drag values in the configuration files. 

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Yeah. He probably knows more than me. 
I *think* that you define the lift and drag values in the configuration files. 

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. 

I think I'll have to turn to experienced modders for help, it's a pity that there is no tutorial on this issue.

And here are the almost complete textures of two shuttles, and one test aircraft, this test aircraft will be introduced into the game first and will be released as a beta test, but first you need to figure out how to make it work in Unity)

349f87b0eae608a229706b490332d5f2.png

2e45497003d5ae38b836319ee0531a14.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.