MiniKerbalShuttle v1.5

DimonD

That's the kind of lander I always have been looking for. My only comment would be about the solar panels, look a bit skinny to serve as landing gear. Maybe if they opened to 100 degree it would look a bit more solid? That would also make it more convenient to disembark Kerbals. Regardless, it looks great!

About the mini Shuttle:

I noticed that the cargo bay do not shield interior, in fact there is no cargobay module in the config. Is it something that you plan on adding later on? Having the two door opening separately might make it more complicated, but UniversalStorage2 does it so it must be doable.

Another thing, the part menu of the Shuttle Orbiter is... pretty packed! I do not know if its possible to reduce it. Maybe some of these option could be hidden in flight? RCS adjustment are not identified (as far as I know they cant be), I bet only few would take the time to tweak them. If it is possible to hide the RCS related slider and button it would make the list allot shorter.

Again, very nice stuff!

Edited by RedParadize

8 hours ago, RedParadize said:

That's the kind of lander I always have been looking for. My only comment would be about the solar panels, look a bit skinny to serve as landing gear. Maybe if they opened to 100 degree it would look a bit more solid? That would also make it more convenient to disembark Kerbals. Regardless, it looks great!

About the mini Shuttle:

I noticed that the cargo bay do not shield interior, in fact there is no cargobay module in the config. Is it something that you plan on adding later on? Having the two door opening separately might make it more complicated, but UniversalStorage2 does it so it must be doable.

Another thing, the part menu of the Shuttle Orbiter is... pretty packed! I do not know if its possible to reduce it. Maybe some of these option could be hidden in flight? RCS adjustment are not identified (as far as I know they cant be), I bet only few would take the time to tweak them. If it is possible to hide the RCS related slider and button it would make the list allot shorter.

Again, very nice stuff!

Thank you! but unfortunately I "lost" the files, now it will be very difficult to recover it. I know about the orbiter menu, infinite RCS is inconvenient though easy to fix, but right now minishuttle is not available in Unity and it will take a long time to set it up again.

Now released a small patch that fixes the problem with the fragility of the solar panels on the shuttle, now they will not require jewelry landing:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2678/KerbalMiniShuttle

Edited by DimonD

Just now, DimonD said:

Thank you! but unfortunately I "lost" the files, now it will be very difficult to recover it. I know about the orbiter menu, infinite RCS is inconvenient though easy to fix, but right now minishuttle is not available in Unity and it will take a long time to set it up again.

Now released a small patch that fixes the problem with the fragility of the solar panels on the shuttle, now they will not require jewelry landing:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2678/KerbalMiniShuttle

Nice! Do you need to open the shuttle in unity to add a cargo bay? I am trying to add it by myself right now and I do not quite remember how it work.

20 hours ago, RedParadize said:

Nice! Do you need to open the shuttle in unity to add a cargo bay? I am trying to add it by myself right now and I do not quite remember how it work.

Yes, but most likely it will not be possible to set up the cargo bay properly, because they work like solar panels.

Although I'm not good at it.

1 hour ago, DimonD said:

Yes, but most likely it will not be possible to set up the cargo bay properly, because they work like solar panels.

Although I'm not good at it.

I manage to do it on my side, I would share it with you but I used SSTU cargo module instead... Its a great little shuttle, beside the cargo issue the only thing it miss is a science lab that fit in it. I used a re-scaled one in the mean time. I hope you continue to develop it, it deserve it. Having said that I can't wait to see that lander too.

Btw, its always good to have at least a small cargo bay. Science parts are really expensive, recovering them save allot of money. I would therefore suggest to have a small shielded cargo bay on your lander, maybe one on each side for balance. Its just a suggestion of course.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:17 PM, DimonD said:

Encounter on the Moon! the main ship and its budget version.))

screenshot185.png

For the solar panels to look better as landing legs, I think they need to have some extra struts or some kind of other visible reinforcement. Maybe if they also didn't fold out as far?

Edited by The Dressian Exploder
spelin nut gud

20 hours ago, RedParadize said:

I manage to do it on my side, I would share it with you but I used SSTU cargo module instead... Its a great little shuttle, beside the cargo issue the only thing it miss is a science lab that fit in it. I used a re-scaled one in the mean time. I hope you continue to develop it, it deserve it. Having said that I can't wait to see that lander too.

Btw, its always good to have at least a small cargo bay. Science parts are really expensive, recovering them save allot of money. I would therefore suggest to have a small shielded cargo bay on your lander, maybe one on each side for balance. Its just a suggestion of course.

The science lab was in development along with the station, but after the unity incident, I lost interest in this add-on, but it is not abandoned, but simply frozen. Possibly before the release of KSP 2.)

It has a cargo hold, and the ship itself has room for a micro satellite.

screenshot196.png

screenshot191.png

I will also develop a special rover for him.

3 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

For the soler panels to look better as landing legs, I think they need to have some extra struts or some kind of other visible reinforcement. Maybe if they also didn't fold out as far?

Yes, I thought about additional  struts, although this is not a priority now, but the opening of the panels will remain at the same level. 

The start of the development of the first stage.

rocket.png

It's not necessary to have the original Unity files to set up a stock cargo bay. 

Here is an example. 

(stock Mk2 shuttle part)

MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleCargoBay
			DeployModuleIndex = 1
			closedPosition = 1
			lookupCenter = 0, 0.0, 0
			lookupRadius = 1.15
			partTypeName = Cargo bay
			nodeOuterForeID = top
			nodeOuterAftID = bottom
			nodeInnerForeID = top2
			nodeInnerAftID = bottom2
		}

DeployModuleIndex is the index of the animation module (0 being first module)

lookupCenter: I inserted this into the example; you would use it only if you want the lookup position to be other than the dead center of the part.

lookupRadius is how far to check to see if something is enclosed.

partTypeName: Fairing, Cargo Bay, Ramp or Service bay

the last four are the attach nodes both inner and outer, those should be self explanatory

On 8/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, Starwaster said:

It's not necessary to have the original Unity files to set up a stock cargo bay. 

Here is an example. 

(stock Mk2 shuttle part)

MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleCargoBay
			DeployModuleIndex = 1
			closedPosition = 1
			lookupCenter = 0, 0.0, 0
			lookupRadius = 1.15
			partTypeName = Cargo bay
			nodeOuterForeID = top
			nodeOuterAftID = bottom
			nodeInnerForeID = top2
			nodeInnerAftID = bottom2
		}

DeployModuleIndex is the index of the animation module (0 being first module)

lookupCenter: I inserted this into the example; you would use it only if you want the lookup position to be other than the dead center of the part.

lookupRadius is how far to check to see if something is enclosed.

partTypeName: Fairing, Cargo Bay, Ramp or Service bay

the last four are the attach nodes both inner and outer, those should be self explanatory

And yet it does not work, perhaps because the animation works like a solar panel, and the "ModuleCargoBay" is superfluous, or I do not understand or do something wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 7:42 AM, DimonD said:

The science lab was in development along with the station, but after the unity incident, I lost interest in this add-on, but it is not abandoned, but simply frozen. Possibly before the release of KSP 2.)

It has a cargo hold, and the ship itself has room for a micro satellite.

screenshot196.png

screenshot191.png

I will also develop a special rover for him.

Yes, I thought about additional  struts, although this is not a priority now, but the opening of the panels will remain at the same level. 

The start of the development of the first stage.

rocket.png

Lemme just bang my credit card on the table " Im gonna need that."

On 8/21/2022 at 10:10 PM, Sanchez_1 said:

Lemme just bang my credit card on the table " Im gonna need that."

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm not sure when I can complete this add-on. 

It contains a lot of bugs, KSP lacks good tutorials on how to create add-ons, so I'm looking for a solution to problems that arise for too long, it's tiring.

7 hours ago, DimonD said:

It contains a lot of bugs, KSP lacks good tutorials on how to create add-ons, so I'm looking for a solution to problems that arise for too long, it's tiring.

Thank you for your beautiful work. I'm wondering if you can provide a prerelease beta version so we can help you test and figure out those bugs.

13 hours ago, DimonD said:

Try the Kerbal Community discord, tons of people with modding knowledge are in there and are willing to help!

Edited by Sanchez_1
Spelling fix

Hi! The mod is truly magnificent and this is what I was looking for!
But what confuses me is the difficulty in creating launch pads for the ship. Will there be an alternative launch vehicle in the future? Or cooperation with Alphamensae's MLP?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.