Is there a mod where my satellite automatically maneuvers on space while I am doing other stuff?

Dandelone

50 minutes ago, Dandelone said:

I want one of the satellite to automatically orbit the mun while i am launching another one. 

How do you mean "automatically orbit the mun"? Like an automated orbital injection burn/capture burn? Or including the Trans Munar Injection burn and everything?

1 hour ago, Dandelone said:

I want one of the satellite to automatically orbit the mun while i am launching another one. 

You know things "automatically orbit" if left alone, due to orbital mechanics? All you need to do is send it there and leave it in a stable orbit; and it will be there for ever unless moved again.

EDIT: oops... I quoted the wrong poster... sorry :P

@Dandelone

Are these what youre looking for?

While this one seems to institute orbital decay (which means your sats *wont* stay in orbit), it also seems to have "station keeping", which i think automagically uses propulsion to eep readjusting the orbit, to *keep* your stuff in orbit vOv

This one, which I'm not exactly sure how it works, or what it does:

and this one, if you need to have your sats always maintain rotation/orientation:

Or are you looing for something to setup & automaticcly execute manuevers to *get* something there, and put it orbit?
MechJeb has that ability... could also prolly do it with kOS, tho thats moar involved, cuz you need to have scripts to do it...

I'm sure there are others... I just cant thin of them right now

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

How do you mean "automatically orbit the mun"? Like an automated orbital injection burn/capture burn? Or including the Trans Munar Injection burn and everything?

Yes, an automatic burn while im using another craft

On 3/15/2021 at 8:46 AM, Dandelone said:

Yes, an automatic burn while im using another craft

Hmm... I dont know if this would work... its not "automatic", but it lets you "switch" between two active craft. I thin, it basically pauses one craft, while you go to the other... so in effect, I think its basically being able to control two craft "at the same time", as far as KSP knows... vOv

It was mainly designed for doing SpaceX style booster recoveries, and is most used/supported by Tundra Exploration mod, but it might be able to do what you want. If so, please post back, as I for one would be interested if it *can* be used for moar than just booster recoveries on Kerbin.

14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Hmm... I dont know if this would work... its not "automatic", but it lets you "switch" between two active craft. I thin, it basically pauses one craft, while you go to the other... so in effect, I think its basically being able to control two craft "at the same time", as far as KSP knows... vOv

It was mainly designed for doing SpaceX style booster recoveries, and is most used/supported by Tundra Exploration mod, but it might be able to do what you want. If so, please post back, as I for one would be interested if it *can* be used for moar than just booster recoveries on Kerbin.

Oh, I was kind of hoping for a bon voyage type of mod but for an orbiting craft. 

5 hours ago, Dandelone said:

Oh, I was kind of hoping for a bon voyage type of mod but for an orbiting craft. 

No, there isn`t one. As far as I know BonVoyage works without real physics and are only "simulating" a drive from A to B. In real it beans the rover to a calculated position. If you understand what I mean...

Theres also this:

You DO have to fly the *first, initial* mission, and it only redoes a duplicate of that exact flight.... I know, still not quite what youre after.
But yeah, I cant thin of anything else that even comes close to BonVoyage... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.