Bug? Ground deployed science not transmitting

Xanderdj

I've got a problem. I deployed multiple ground stations correctly on the mun and minmus. It all worked fine at first, but suddenly the Go-ed monitor doesn't transmit the science anymore. It doenst matter where or how I place it, it just doesn't transmit, it does collect it however. So I do get the message in the upper left corner but not in the middle (u get 2 messages, 1 with data and 1 with science). Please help me out, i've tried just about anything, and I'm quite sure I set it all up correctly because the ion collector is working just fine, and this is like the 20th time I've deployed ground based science. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, peteletroll said:

Welcome to the forum, @Xanderdj!

Sometimes I had the same problem, because of non-continuous radio contact with KSC. Do you have a relay satellite network around Mun and Minmus?

Or power issues.

I've got a test installation like 500m from KSC that suddenly couldn't send science.

Because it was dark ...

The new batteries sorted that, but it was somewhat confusing, given that some lazy scientist from KSC could have _walked_ there and collected it ;)

Edited by Curveball Anders

9 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Part of Stock since 1.11.1

Thanks, didn't know (as I'm back to 1.10.1 for some time now), that's a nice addition :) 

46 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

could have _walked_

Too busy / not available, mission to Eeloo ;) 

Edited by VoidSquid

On 3/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, peteletroll said:

Sometimes I had the same problem, because of non-continuous radio contact with KSC. Do you have a relay satellite network around Mun and Minmus?

Yes I do, like 4 or 5 satellites in different orbits/incinations. I tried deploying them over and over again at different times, but it still won't work. When science collected turned 10 percent it was facing kerbin or at least in range of a satellite, but transmitted stayed at 0. The ion collector is working just fine, same goes for the seismometer. I also tried quicksaving and warping, but it just won't transmit. I'm about to try the Blutonium thingy's to see if that works, although the control station showed that it did have enough power. I'd rather not install mods to make something that's stock in the game work. I don't have making history btw, don't know if that matters. Thanks for the replies.

On 3/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, peteletroll said:

d4bfeecc04d9cc69578ff9ee3a76fdf4.png

The same problem just occured with the seismometer ;(

Didn't bring the bluto's yet.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:35 AM, Curveball Anders said:

Part of Stock since 1.11.1 I think,

Clarification needed.  There's solar panels (OX-STAT-PD) and thermoelectric generator (mini-NUK-PD)... no deployable batteries in 1.11.2 stock or DLC.

9 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Clarification needed.  There's solar panels (OX-STAT-PD) and thermoelectric generator (mini-NUK-PD)... no deployable batteries in 1.11.2 stock or DLC.

You're correct, I  assumed that the 'new' ones was from Squad but it was part of Deployable Batteries.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.