What's up with Rusk and Rask?

31 minutes ago, Kerbal_thrower said:

so...can I recreate Anakin vs. Obi-Wan,

Sure. Lots of high ground there it looks.

will things that go between them by ripped apart by intense gravity,

No. Quite the opposite. right in the center is a point where you'd be weightless. Or the game crashes depending on how they program it :D

and will we be able to make lava boats (and colonies)?

I wouldn't be surprised if you could make a colony "floating" on the lava with the support structures hidden underneath. Assuming of course that what we see from space is in fact large bodies of lava oceans.

There’s a couple of sci fi stories about similar world. Rocheworld aka flight of the Dragonfly is one of them.  There’s also a Japanese story about a similar situation where someone decided that destabilizing a stable binary planet was the fastest way to strip mine the 2 super earths down to roughly one earth mass each.

Edited by [email protected]

5 hours ago, Kerbal_thrower said:

Don't try it Anakin!

you underestimate my power

7 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

right in the center is a point where you'd be weightless

on the surface closest to the other planet you would be almost weightless  but on the other side there would be very high gravity. this would make airplanes dificult since gravity is not consistant(but i dont think there will be an atmosphere).

in terms of programing i think they will switch to a different system when it comes to gravity. in ksp1 you will only bee afected by gravity if you are in a sphere of influence of something and then only that planet/moon. in ksp2 the way i think they will do it is  by having a line to all planets in a range where things would make a difference and one other for stars wich would just look for the closest star and then measure the distance to them. then do some math and know how much you will be pulled towards that direction. the closest planet would also determine what is down