can somebody know how to fix: verifying expansion breaking ground squad expansion/serenity ?

From my experience, this happens due to a mod having a broken DLL, you can easily spot those by checking their version, if they are too old (pre 1.4) remove them and try again, an usefull mod called Module Manager (MM) also tells you the broken DLL right away too.

If those didn't work, then I suggest uploading a file called KSP.log that you can find on the KSP directory, and upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox or something, then post a share link for us to check the log and point out anything out of usual.

This will tell you how to get the logs and what to do with them. The game isn’t stuck at BG, it’s stuck after that point- verifying breaking ground is the last thing it did before something went wrong, usually during code compilation because an exception was thrown. The logs will show what’s responsible, but to make things easier you should also include your version of KSP and a list of mods. Check that all your mods are compatible with that version of KSP, as old mods often cause issues in new versions of KSP and vice versa.

@coolaidthx This could be the following bug: 

Bug #24391: DLC Fails to Load With Certain Character Combinations in File Path - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Bugtracker

My Recommendation:

1. If the game is installed to something similar to D:\KSP Installs\1.8.1+MH+BG\ remove any symbols from the path (e.g D:\KSP Installs\1.8.1MHBG\)
  2. If its installed using Steam or similar, copy the folder and back it up. Then uninstall and then reinstall to a new folder that hasn't got any symbols and then past the copy right into the main KSP folder
  3. If that doesn't work or isn't the problem, put all the mods into another folder and restart KSP mod free to see if that's the cause
  4. Verify the files using Steam (if you are using Steam) I have no idea how verifying affects mod files though. Probably back up the whole folder before you do so

Hope that helps

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.