Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2 is live!

UomoCapra

22 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Yay for more bug fixes, thanks guys :)

They can't fix every bug, there are more outstanding bugs but as far as I can see the majority of them are minor and/or have workarounds. Cut them a bit of slack, at least the most annoying of 1.11's bugs have been squashed.

um no, time warp bug still here.

On 3/16/2021 at 12:31 PM, UomoCapra said:

* Fix NRE on returning to physics range of RCSFX on command pods causing game to become non-savable or usable in some cases. *

YESSSSSS now i dont have to restart game.

[snip]

FYI, the OP includes something called a "changelog", the purpose of which is to list what was changed in the update; in this case it just explains which bugs were fixed, but there are always at least a few bug fixes included even in larger updates. If they fixed or think that they fixed a particular bug, they would communicate that by adding it to the list. There is no need to ask whether a bug was fixed; you can just check the changelog to see if it's there.

The same goes for complaining that your particular pet bug has not been fixed yet. If it's not in the changelog, then of course it hasn't been fixed, everyone can see that. Maybe the bugs in the changelog were determined to be higher priority, or maybe the devs simply haven't solved some others yet (especially likely if the bug report is low quality; e.g. 27365 lacks any steps to reproduce or a save file or anything, so if a dev was assigned to investigate it, they're looking at possibly wasting many hours just waiting for something to happen randomly that may never happen at all). If you want something fixed, it is possible to actually help [snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

5 hours ago, Liam_The_Great said:

The bug where engine plumes run at 50% even though the engine is at 100% still hasn't been fixed :/

So I'm still on a full stop on playing KSP, as playing with rockets without nice plume is not satisfying. It took so long to release this 1.11.2 and the fix list is so short?! That's a bad joke, eh?!

Further visual bugs as the halfway opened housings of the 1x6 and 2x3 retractable solarpanels aren't fixed either...:mad: another visual immersion breaker leading to a full stop in playing the game.

Disappointed.

Please dear devs, please fix the accumulated (and highly upvoted !) visual annoyances like: 

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/27233 or https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26879

and all the other visuals bugs... they really break the immersion and stop people like me from playing! And for visual annoyances there are no work arounds. They just keep annoying us and break our immersion.

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

So I'm still on a full stop on playing KSP, as playing with rockets without nice plume is not satisfying. It took so long to release this 1.11.2 and the fix list is so short?! That's a bad joke, eh?!

Just get the waterfall mod and the stock config. It has very nice plumes, no need to complain. Plus it gets updates more regularly since it isn't under Squads management and you can even create your own plumes if you so desire.

[snip]

Figure out how to reproduce the bug reliably, and/or provide a save file with the bug that still has the issue after loading the game and put it in the post on the bug tracker; if you want that bug fixed that is, otherwise the devs may never be able to reproduce it and if so they will never fix it.

Edited by Vanamonde

[snip]

Some bugs, no matter how well documented or easy to reproduce they may be, can just be diffcult to pinpoint the actual cause and/or fix.  Just because it's not fixed yet doesn't neccesarily mean they aren't trying.

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

On 3/16/2021 at 5:51 PM, Kerbaderp said:

I am in the middle of a career playthrough (1.11.1) with a bunch of mods. Is it safe to update without breaking anything?

Thanks.

No. At least Kopernicus broke on 1.11.2, it's reasonable to think that it may affect some others too - but your mileage will vary.

Make a full backup of your installation (modern file systems have a thing called copy-on-write, also known as file cloning - this saves a lot of space, check how to do it on your Operating System), then update to 1.11.2 and play for a day or two. If nothing bad happens, you are probably safe to keep going, but anything weird happens, report on the appropriate thread and roll back until the problem is fixed.

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde
Tyops! Surpirsed??

11 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Just get the waterfall mod and the stock config. It has very nice plumes, no need to complain. Plus it gets updates more regularly since it isn't under Squads management and you can even create your own plumes if you so desire.

Not everyone likes fiddeling with mods. Mods to circumvent bugs in the basegame? Thats rubbish. A game must bring a certain quality by itself. 

I dont like installing mods, as fiddling with all the cross effects and cross dependencies is just to much stress. I like to have a game, that works out of the box. This is not IKEA. This is a videogame.

10 minutes ago, modus said:

It didn't break. 

Check out @R-T-B's stable branche.

It's not working for everybody, check this post on this thread some pages ago:

I stand by what I said, your mileage will vary. Make a full backup of your rig, then update and check how things are. Do not risk your savegames on an update without a full backup so you can roll back things if anything bad happens to you.

Different features of a mod are affected differently - it's perfectly possible that your instalment don't have something else using the Kopernicus feature that broke @Solitude Aerospace's one.

Or it may be a 3rd party that it's at fault, and Kopernicus just borked due that fault.

In a way or another, it's not safe to just update to KSP 1.11.2 - do backups and make sure you can rollback if anything bad happens.

I repeat:

20 minutes ago, modus said:

Check out @R-T-B's stable branche.

From that thread: "Try the latest release.  Most people reporting this are a couple releases out of date, and those lack 1.11.2 support. "

5 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Make a full backup of your rig, then update and check how things are. Do not risk your savegames on an update without a full backup so you can roll back things if anything bad happens to you.

This is ofcourse very good advice.

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

I stand by what I said, your mileage will vary. Make a full backup of your rig, then update and check how things are. Do not risk your savegames on an update without a full backup so you can roll back things if anything bad happens to you.

Different features of a mod are affected differently - it's perfectly possible that your instalment don't have something else using the Kopernicus feature that broke @Solitude Aerospace's one.

Or it may be a 3rd party that it's at fault, and Kopernicus just borked due that fault.

In a way or another, it's not safe to just update to KSP 1.11.2 - do backups and make sure you can rollback if anything bad happens.

I also confirm all fine for me: (using RSS & Kopernicus)

H6PkSgl.png

Advanced Jet Engine (AdvancedJetEngine v2.15.0)
AmpYear (AmpYearPowerManager 1:V1.5.9.0)
Animated Decouplers (AnimatedDecouplers v1.4.2.2)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.18.0)
Background Resources (BackgroundResources 1:V0.17.0.0)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.6.0)
BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.4)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.6.0)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.15)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.3)
Craft Manager (CraftManager 1.2.0)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.9.2.2)
Draggable Navball (DraggableNavball v1.0.12)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.2.0)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.2.1)
FASA (FASA 1:v7.2.6)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.1)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.6)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.6.0)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.0)
KSC Switcher (KSCSwitcher v2.0.0.0)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.5)
KSP Recall (KSP-Recall v0.0.7.5)
KXAPI (KXAPI 1.2.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.13.0.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.8.3)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.2)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.9.1)
KerbalX Mod (KerbalXMod 1.1.0)
Kopernicus Bleeding Edge Beta - DEV RELEASE (Kopernicus-BE UBEE_1111_81)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.11.0)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.12.0.0)
Moar Filter Extension Configs (MoarFEConfigs 1.0.5.2)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.2)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.9.0)
RO Library (ROLib v1.1.1)
RO Solar (ROSolar v1.1.1)
RO Tanks (ROTanks v2.3)
RSS DateTime Formatter (RSSDateTimeFormatter 1.6.1.0)
Real Fuels (RealFuels rf-v12.8.5)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.2)
Real Solar System (RealSolarSystem v18.1.3)
Real Solar System Textures - 4096 x 2048 (RSSTextures4096 v18.3)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.2)
RealHeat (RealHeat v5.1)
Realism Overhaul (RealismOverhaul v12.8.1)
Retractable Lifting Surface Module (RetractableLiftingSurface 0.2.1.1)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0723)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0723)
Ship Effects Continued (ShipEffectsContinued 1.0.11)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
Solver Engines plugin (SolverEngines v3.9.0)
SpaceX Launch Vehicles - Real Size (SpaceXLaunchVehicles 6.5)
Tantares SP - Soviet Space Probes (TantaresSP 4.0)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.3.1)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.0)
USI Tools (USITools 1.4.0)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 1:1.3.2.0)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0723)

How to install this mod PACK: works for 1.9.x 1.10.x and 1.11.x

https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons/wiki/HOW-TO-INSTALL

Edited by pmborg

Quite a few comments have been removed. 

If you dislike how the game is developing, please take that discussion to the Development subforum. This thread is just news about the latest update and issues specific to it. 

Not sure if I should be pleased or worried but I've personally never experienced any of those bugs they've fixed. Still thanks for fixing though.

I am glad we got some fixes but i am not a fan of having to check the forums every single update for new bugs and new workarounds.

Especially the phantom bugs, like the deltaV one when i had no clue why all my vessels were underperforming.

Also i feel like the Time Warp bug should get more upvotes or a new issue in bugtracker,

i fear it wont be noticed and it is a bit annoying if you are used to control warp with mouse,

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/27365

Edited by Boyster

On 3/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, UomoCapra said:

* Fix craft can wobble or even have some parts destroyed when interacting with parts and inventory slots during EVAConstruction in Flight.

Oh good, I had no idea why my Mun base was exploding while I was constructing a rover. I thought my base was poorly built, but couldn't see what was wrong

19 hours ago, Lisias said:

No, it's pretty much exclusively users on old builds.  I was ready for 1.11.2 days in advance with the latest stable build of Kopernicus.

Weird, I know.  Kopernicus updating before the release of an update.  It's like the bizzaro world has come to us.

Edited by R-T-B

22 hours ago, modus said:

I repeat:

From that thread: "Try the latest release.  Most people reporting this are a couple releases out of date, and those lack 1.11.2 support. "

So it's not safe to just update to 1.11.2, you need to make sure to have the latest Kopernicus installed first! :)

You see, it's not necessarily a demerit to break on a new KSP release - KSP has bugs too, and these bugs ends up inducing add'ons to bork. And the more complex is the add'on, the most likely it will bork when something change abruptly on KSP.

One example of that it's TweakScale. Scaling parts on symmetry was working fine until 1.11.1, and now on 1.11.2 something has gone kaput - some code that fixed a bug on KSP just created a new one that is somehow affecting TweakScale in the end. And this is precisely the reason why, now, I show an "Advise" when TweakScale is running on a untested new KSP explaining that some new bugs can happen and strongly advising to install S.A.V.E. to keep things backed up automatically.

And, in the end, TweakScale is working fine (just made the final test, while writing this post). Another Add'On was messing up its attachment nodes on KSP 1.11.2 - and then TweakScale used the messed up attachment nodes to scale things and got borked. Garbage In, Garbage Out. :)

(what does not means TweakScale is fully functional on KSP 1.11.2 yet - there're a ton of tests to be made before being sure).