Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2 is live!

UomoCapra

5 hours ago, zazafdx said:

I can't find my  MechJeb2 parts and custom flags after 1.11.2 update!!!:(

Well, we can't blame neutron star crash on KSP1 either....
Where'd you get the update?
Did you delete anything before installing?
Do you use ckan?
I advise you to operate with Steam, it allows you to generate backup and control of resources that avoid those problems.

16 hours ago, dprostock said:

好吧,我们也不能将中子星崩溃归咎于KSP1...。
您从哪里获得更新?
在安装之前,您是否删除了任何内容?
您使用ckan吗?
我建议您使用Steam,它可以让您生成备份和控制资源,从而避免出现这些问题。

Well,I downloaded MechJeb2 in this forum last weekend.Yesterday I wanted to try it,but when I opened KSP, it prompted me that the game needed to be updated.So I updated it.After it finished,I opened it again and began to look for MechJeb part.Later I found that I couldn't find it,and my flag turned to white.I deleted it from my computer and reinstalled it in a folder.I opened my game again and I still couldn't find it.

I didn't use ckan,and I updated my game from Steam.I didn't delete anything before installing.Anyway,thanks for your advice!

•  

如果您使用 Steam,请同时使用 ckan,从而节省近 90% 的问题。
此外,Steam 在运行游戏之前有一种方法可以控制安装。

If you're using Steam, use ckan at the same time, saving you nearly 90% of the problems.
In addition, the Steam has a way to control the installation before running the game.

13 hours ago, SpaceMinion7 said:

Nice, a new hot fix! I think Curseforge still only shows 1.11.1 and not 1.11.2 though

The new owner must be facing some operational problems. Before the transition, i was a matter of opening a ticket and in you had the new version available on the next working day.

When I asked them for 1.11.1, they took a week . For 1.11.2, it's half a month and no reply on the ticket. :(

Edited by Lisias
I exagerated a bit..

10 hours ago, dprostock said:

A significant amount of the "bugs" in there boil down to this:

https://xkcd.com/1172/

There are also lots are duplicates, lots that aren't actually bugs but feedback misrepresented as bugs, lots are fixed but the tickets simply never got closed or updated, some are because people are running mods, others are because people are running mods and don't know what they are doing, etc.

Go through and actually try to replicate a bunch of the "bugs" in there yourself and you will be hard pressed to do so. Now ask yourself, if you are the developer how do you fix these reported "bugs" when it isn't even possible to replicate them?

Just now, MechBFP said:

A significant amount of the "bugs" in there boil down to this:

https://xkcd.com/1172/

There are also lots are duplicates, lots that aren't actually bugs but feedback misrepresented as bugs, lots are fixed but the tickets simply never got closed or updated, some are because people are running mods, others are because people are running mods and don't know what they are doing, etc.

Go through and actually try to replicate a bunch of the "bugs" in there yourself and you will be hard pressed to do so. Now ask yourself, if you are the developer how do you fix these reported "bugs" when it isn't even possible to replicate them?

That question is for the project leader who defines how action should be taken. Or do developers act on their own at their discretion?

Anyway, I have an open ticket, with the reference files for study, which turns out to be the same error indicated in an earlier version ticket, and still has no solution.
That is, an error that is moved from version to version with all the information collected from the  the same and the files in question... We don't indicate which lines of code the event is raised on?????

Just now, dprostock said:

That question is for the project leader who defines how action should be taken. Or do developers act on their own at their discretion?

Anyway, I have an open ticket, with the reference files for study, which turns out to be the same error indicated in an earlier version ticket, and still has no solution.
That is, an error that is moved from version to version with all the information collected from the  the same and the files in question... We don't indicate which lines of code the event is raised on?????

Believe it or not, your pet issue/bug is clearly not a priority.
Shocking, I am sure.

2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Shocking, I am sure.

No. Perfectly understandable.

The issue tracking reflects perfectly the professionalism and the character of the development team. :)

1 minute ago, MechBFP said:

Shocking, I am sure.

I don't know about that. They may not know how to treat it, because if it is a ticket opened by other users in previous versions and is critical with respect to the use of a control piece acclaimed at the time as fundamental to a DLC, it may also be thought that the person who designed it is no longer on the computer and those who current developers do not know how to read the code....
Anything can be.

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

No. Perfectly understandable.

The issue tracking reflects perfectly the professionalism and the character of the development team. :)

Oh you have access to their internal bug tracker? I would love to see it personally.

3 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Oh you have access to their internal bug tracker? I would love to see it personally.

No. Only to the public one, and to the delivered products. Do you?

13 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Shocking, I am sure.

He could also give the example of a developer who was a genius, but followed his life in another company.
When a modification had to be made, the new developers were not up to the challenge. Anything can be.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:25 PM, dprostock said:

如果您使用 Steam,请同时使用 ckan,从而节省近 90% 的问题。
此外,Steam 在运行游戏之前有一种方法可以控制安装。

If you're using Steam, use ckan at the same time, saving you nearly 90% of the problems.
In addition, the Steam has a way to control the installation before running the game.

OK!I will try it!Thanks for your advice again!

• 2 weeks later...

1.12 somewhere around the corner with bugfixes? Still frustrated about the current state of KSP in terms of bugs. Mostly about the visual bugs. (Yeah, i'm the kind of guy that is really frustrated by visual bugs)

Edited by Rakete

7 hours ago, Rakete said:

1.12 somewhere around the corner with bugfixes? Still frustrated about the current state of KSP in terms of bugs. Mostly about the visual bugs. (Yeah, i'm the kind of guy that is really frustrated by visual bugs)

Don't get your hopes up. With the amount of stuff that was left untouched (which we're apparently aren't allowed to talk about anymore), and I mean substantial stuff, not even visual, I don't think that we will see any improvements in that regard.  If you want to play again, the best way of doing so is probably to download one of the previous versions (I'm using 1.10.1 myself) and add some mods on top. And I know that some people don't like mods, I was playing almost bone stock for the longest time myself, but the state that the current version of the game is in right now doesn't really give any other choice (other than not to play at all, obviously). 

14 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I found a bug for Minmus. Invisible platfroms...

How did you achieve it? What "Invisible platforms" mean? And if it's near the poles or in the poles then it's not a bug, it's a feature. If you want this bug to be fixed, please do what @Bej Kerman said. Because there's alot of details needed to fully describe a bug.

Edited by ShuttlePilot
Kerbal typo