[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Camera Tools continued v1.25.0 [2022-11-12]

DocNappers

OK, version 1.24.0 is released.

Improvements / Bugfixes:

• Initialise the "maxRelV" numeric field properly so that the field-width parameter is 6, not the min value.
  • Cache the atmospheric audio sound clips to avoid GC allocations.
  • Include the fix (from BDArmory) for Apple Silicon (M1 chip) not calculating sqrt properly when multiplied by a float.
    • https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/m1-incorrect-calculation-of-values-using-multiplication-with-mathf-dot-sqrt-when-an-unused-variable-is-declared
  • Add an auto-landing option to the stationary camera.
    • Without "Maintain Vel." enabled, the position of the camera is based on the vessel's current position.
    • With "Maintain Vel." enabled, the position of the camera is based on the vessel's predicted terrain intercept if it follows a ballistic trajectory (no drag).
    • The altitude of the camera above the terrain is defined by the "Up" component of the "Manual Flyby Position".
    • An extra horizontal offset is defined by the "Fwd" (in the vessel's velocity direction when activated) and "Right" components.

• 1 month later...

Seems the audio problem still exists,engine sounds disappear when i switch camera view, if i stop using audio effect it don‘t occur no more, but danm i love those audio effects.

Edited by jebycheek

On 10/30/2022 at 11:19 AM, jebycheek said:

Seems the audio problem still exists,engine sounds disappear when i switch camera view, if i stop using audio effect it don‘t occur no more, but danm i love those audio effects.

If I can figure out what the cause of the audio bug is, then I'll gladly fix it, but I'm not even sure if it's related to CameraTools or only indirectly triggered by something that CameraTools does.

• 2 weeks later...

v1.25.0 of CameraTools is now available with the following improvements / bugfixes:

• Add an inertial chase mode to the dogfight camera.
    • Inertial factor provides a looseness to the camera position.
    • Offsets are relative to the vessel frame of reference, instead of the camera frame of reference.
  • Save / restore other AudioSource fields that get modified as part of doppler SFX in case this is part of the cause of some sound bugs (not sure if it is or not, but better safe than sorry).
  • Rework the BDA secondary target priority to favour the vessel's target (instead of attacker) when it has recently been firing or fired a missile (requires BDA+ v1.5.4.1 or later).
  • Add a slider to control the minimum update interval of the BDA secondary target selection after switching targets (updates occur every 0.5s after the minimum interval has elapsed).