I need more size 3 pods and lander cans

FireMode

I have been building moon rockets in ksp its kind of a problem that it kind of looks bad cuz there are only on size 3 pod...

we should have less straight but curved sided pods  and  and more size 3 lander cans because our current one is not matching any of my builds

Can you clarify what you mean by "size 3"? Do you mean pods that can hold 3 crew, or the size 3 profile aka 3.75 meters?

Several of Nertea's mods, such as Near Future Spacecraft and Stockalike Stations Parts Redux, have command pods that can be used as landers. Also, if you like the look of a passenger compartment, add a probe core to it and pretend it's piloted.

TweakScale can change the size of parts, getting smaller parts to 3.75m. I do not remember whether TweakScale also scales the passenger count when the size increases (it does adjust fuel tank contents).

Tantares and Bluedog Design Bureau add many parts. Both mods include a stackable command pod, with an upper cone-shaped pod plus a larger lower pod that extends the cone.

43 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

TweakScale can change the size of parts, getting smaller parts to 3.75m. I do not remember whether TweakScale also scales the passenger count when the size increases (it does adjust fuel tank contents).

Unfortunately, TweakScale can't change the crew's capacity this way. This worked way before (probably when parts had no IVA yet), then it broke, and when I was doing some tests to reimplement it, SQUAD shut the door for it by hardcoding an Exception preventing me from changing the crew capacity of a part (what essentially prevents me from even changing it by brute force using Reflection, as on the launch KSP will detect the change and reset it) on KSP 1.8.0.

The problem is fully described here.

Interestingly, you can scale down the crew size, only scaling up is locked by KSP. So you can cook a really big part with lots of crew, and then scale it down to the desired size.

Edited by Lisias
fixing a sentence

7 hours ago, FireMode said:

I have been building moon rockets in ksp its kind of a problem that it kind of looks bad cuz there are only on size 3 pod...

we should have less straight but curved sided pods  and  and more size 3 lander cans because our current one is not matching any of my builds

There are, felt, 1000 mods with Pods ans Landercans (Tantares, Bluedog, NearFuture, HGR, ModPods and many more...). I can`t see the need of more Pods. If you ment more stock-pods then you are in the wrong forum-area here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.