Joint Reinforcement in KSP 1.11

feluxution

I can't be the only one who has a problem with the KJR Mods in 1.11

Most of my Crafts, especially with Mod parts wobble around like stupid, no matter which KJR version I take. I also tried Autostrut but it has almost no effect at all, worse than the KJR mods. It also seems like nobody continues the KJR mods anymore and I couldnt do it myself. So is there anyone out there working on a new version? I just want to play KSP peacefully again without being annoyed by constant Kraken effect. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 8:47 AM, feluxution said:

I can't be the only one who has a problem with the KJR Mods in 1.11

Most of my Crafts, especially with Mod parts wobble around like stupid, no matter which KJR version I take. I also tried Autostrut but it has almost no effect at all, worse than the KJR mods. It also seems like nobody continues the KJR mods anymore and I couldnt do it myself. So is there anyone out there working on a new version? I just want to play KSP peacefully again without being annoyed by constant Kraken effect. 

The only thing I can say is you are either not using Autostrut correctly or you have another mod that is artificially INCREASING your wobble factor.   I have had constant problems with the various KJRs breaking my ships in the past so I avoid such mods like the plague.   Autostrut works amazingly well for any of the myriad of rocket builds I have done (including an Asparagus staged Saturn V multibody with 4 full up S-IC boosters on the core.)

I noticed your post on Redit for the same issue... you mentioned BDB saturn LES.   Auto-strut it to Heaviest part and it is ROCK SOLID on any build I have used including 1.11.2

KJR worked great for me v1.4 to v1.8 but latest versions seem to work the opposite to how they are supposed to so I’ve had to uninstall it. The stock struts (and auto struts although I don’t like to use them) or mods like Quantum Struts are my go to now.

I use autostrut on all my rockets and it works fine, stops all noodle rocketry. Try using grandparent autostruts on every main part (especially the wobbly ones). You can also experiment with changing the root part if that doesn't help - the parentage goes from the leaf parts to the root part. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.