Show and Tell - Kerbal materials

StarSlay3r

10 hours ago, Master39 said:

I love that with all the misplaced paranoia about what the lack of information means (as if the PR team decisions have anything to do with the actual state of the game) they decided to drop something as silly as this, or the Clouds.

It's a good way to say "hey we're still here" without revealing anything that they don't want to reveal for whatever PR reason.

I know you're on a super optimistic team. Senseless screenshots are good, delays are even better, interviews with developers are generally a guarantee of a millennium game. By the way, about - here is the update for No Man's Sky with procedural generated planets.

And this is what Kerbin will look like next year, if there are no more delays.

7048784_image(1)(1).png.726d8423336ccef4

5 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

I know you're on a super optimistic team.

No. 

If you read my other posts in the following page I'm fully in the "The lack of information a year before release isn't a sign of anything at all, and if you think the opposite you should absolutely stop spilling useless toxicity in this forum section and go play something else" team.

7 minutes ago, Master39 said:

No. 

If you read my other posts in the following page I'm fully in the "The lack of information a year before release isn't a sign of anything at all, and if you think the opposite you should absolutely stop spilling useless toxicity in this forum section and go play something else" team.

Sorry if not being blindly optimistic gets your pants in a twist.

14 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Sorry if not being blindly optimistic gets your pants in a twist.

I don't think saying that you can't use the PR strategy like a crystal ball and make prophecies out of it it's being "blindly optimistic". 

It's not rocket science, is basic gaming industry knowledge.

10 hours ago, Alexoff said:

By the way, about - here is the update for No Man's Sky with procedural generated planets.

And this is what Kerbin will look like next year, if there are no more delays.

7048784_image(1)(1).png.726d8423336ccef4

And what these two have in common? NMS is five years old, and I hope I don't have to remind you what they presented at E3 and what actually came out. Because it looked worse than the picture of Kerbin here, and that's probably still in alpha.

Well, but we are going off topic so I'm gonna leave that here.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:57 PM, Master39 said:

No. 

In my experience of watching the development of anticipated games, it means something. I don't really understand why the developers decided not to give us a lot of information about the development of the game, this is not Last of Us 3, where you can accidentally spoil the plot. But since I'm toxic, it's probably better this way

7 hours ago, Alexoff said:

In my experience of watching the development of anticipated games

Maybe if I write it a third time you'll read it at least once: most title don't have a lot of informations out a year and a half before release, good titles, bad titles, every type of game. It's just not usual to have the amount of unformations we have about KSP2 let alone predicting out of nowhere that since they didn't gave all the informations than means anything about the quality of a game that is going to be worked on for at least another year.

I get that we're spoiled by indie games, but in that case they're somewhat forced to be more "open" since most of the time they're trying to sell you a product that doesn't exist yet.

Does this mean that you think this game is going to be a masterpiece? Are you blindly optimistic?

Nope, and nope. I liked mostly everything I've read or heard  so far about the design of the game, but that's it, I'm still cautiously optimistic about the game and ready to talk about a possible disaster as soon as I ear the first rumblings.

But this graphic of this alpha screenshot is worse than this other unrelated game screenshot.

I don't think I'm only talking for myself but I don't care about graphics, only consistency in the art style, something that KSP1 lacks. I would be interested in the game even if it was made with ASCII art.

And I don't care how the grass on Kerbin will look like especially since I don't plan to spend a lot of time on foot there. If this were another game in which you start by punching a tree to make a crafting table I would probably be more interested but luckily for us it isn't.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, KSPStar said:

What are Kerbals made of? Plants, snacks, regret? Intercept Senior 3D artist Jordan Pack decided to explore what Kerbals would look like if they were made of different materials. Check 'em out.

These won't be in Kerbal Space Program 2, at least until we add a puppetry expansion.

6_plush.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BURN IT NOW!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!! IT'S AWFUL KILL IT NOW!!!!! The skin one is probably my favorite. This one I hate the most. The foam is slightly less terrifying, BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KILL IT!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, SpacePerson said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BURN IT NOW!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!! IT'S AWFUL KILL IT NOW!!!!! The skin one is probably my favorite. This one I hate the most. The foam is slightly less terrifying, BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KILL IT!!!!!!!

I have had almost NO sleep in days and I'm starting to see things.

After nearly 10 minutes consideration spread out over several years Ive decided Kerbals are amphibians with an endosymbiotic algea in their skin that supplements oxygen levels like spotted salamanders. They lay eggs and their young look like cute little tadpoles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_salamander

Edited by Pthigrivi

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

Hopefully we get a reveal this week!

I do realllllly hope that we do. But maybe if we forget about the game then we won’t have to suffer as much. Maybe the mods are trying to make us forget.

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

Hopefully we get a reveal this week!

Alright I haven’t looked at it yet but I think we got a Developer Insight on the Dev Diaries Thread. (Pardon my grammar.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.