[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x] Persistent Rotation Upgraded

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Gotmachine said:

RP-1 has it's own persistent rotation feature and is incompatible with PR.

That is only partially true. RP-1 (or actually RO in particular) does have a builtin "PR" but this will disable itself in favor of other installed mods that handle rotation.
https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/edd0809c715e87d6844216e39a2470eac50e0691/Source/VesselModuleRotationRO.cs#L68

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to disable the mod in-game since I was experiencing some strange behaviours such as the vessel's pitch would suddently pitch at the horizon in a split second(both Rotation Mode and Momentum Mode were off) during wrap or another ship would be launched at lightspeed during rendezvous. The mod works perfectly in most cases so I don't want to remove the mod just for a rendezvous and install it back after it's done.

Here's the log just in case you want to dig into the issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HeE_q1f_rKW3nNxhMzFs2E316kWyHyll/view?usp=sharing

How well should this hold roll to zero degrees when locked to prograde in an inclined orbit?  It seems to hold pitch and yaw  My trajectory  eventually drifts a degree or two off horizontal over the course of an orbit.   No biggie, just messes with my OCD, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to stop the craft snapping to retrograde and pro-grade orbital points whilst using target mode on the navball? When time-warping, the craft snaps from target retrograde to orbital retrograde, then returns after time warp causing crafts to get krakened.  Will provide ksp.log if needed

• 3 weeks later...

I want to try this mod to see if it will prevent a steering lock on a maneuvernode in kOS while in very low Kerbin orbit from "losing ground" or skewing when warping.

Is there a way to use the solar prime vector as a reference?

Also, how do I move the PR UI? It is covering some KER data I display in the location.  It is not draggable for me and when I configure it to "toolbar only" instead of "always visible" it remains visible and doesn't show in either stock or blizzy though I've set toolbar controller for PR to both.  Do I have to restart for effect?  Thanks

Well my initial PR use case for correcting the steering lock drift in warp in LKO appears bust.  PR probably has the same challenge kOS has below a certain altitude where warp, physics tick lag, and reference frames don't play very well.  

At least using Sun or Kerbin as reference didn't alleviate the issue.  Using the solar prime vector as reference might work if available but I somehow doubt it

Edited by darthgently

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I've got this issue where my log is filled constantly with [LOG 10:16:17.747] [PR] MechJeb wrapper.Active 1,  , I believe this is Persistent Rotation ? (sorry if it's not :) )
When In low orbit around the Mun, upon engaging timewarp, my vessel teleports to a random location in the orbit, which... isn't convenient let's say...^^

I noticed some commits about Mechjeb (which I have installed) in latest release , so I downgraded to the previous version, and the issue is apparently gone.

Here's the log, sorry it's a big modded install, but I can try reproducing this with less mods If you need me to https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/m3qai07xlloov2xltd2po/KSP.zip?rlkey=3fymtibd71iicytsapw33v6nj&dl=0
Note that I have PRE here, but the issue occured without it too.

( I wanted to issue on github, but apparently forked repo don't allow it...)

Thank you, and have a good day ! :) 

Edited by kurgut

5 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi,

I've got this issue where my log is filled constantly with [LOG 10:16:17.747] [PR] MechJeb wrapper.Active 1,  , I believe this is Persistent Rotation ? (sorry if it's not :) )
When In low orbit around the Mun, upon engaging timewarp, my vessel teleports to a random location in the orbit, which... isn't convenient let's say...^^

I noticed some commits about Mechjeb (which I have installed) in latest release , so I downgraded to the previous version, and the issue is apparently gone.

Here's the log, sorry it's a big modded install, but I can try reproducing this with less mods If you need me to https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/m3qai07xlloov2xltd2po/KSP.zip?rlkey=3fymtibd71iicytsapw33v6nj&dl=0
Note that I have PRE here, but the issue occured without it too.

( I wanted to issue on github, but apparently forked repo don't allow it...)

Thank you, and have a good day ! :) 

I'm seeing same log spam, which version of MechJeb are you using that doesn't have that issue?

1 hour ago, Mick_B said:

I'm seeing same log spam, which version of MechJeb are you using that doesn't have that issue?

I downgraded Persistent rotation, not mechjeb ! just to the previous version.

1 hour ago, kurgut said:

I downgraded Persistent rotation, not mechjeb ! just to the previous version.

Oh, that makes more sense, i misread that somehow.

yea, 1.9.8.1 doesn't have that issue.

• 4 weeks later...

hey @linuxgurugamer I've seen a few reports of degraded performance because of log spam.  Seems like a new issue introduced in the last version.  Also your readme on github is pointing to the old thread, not this one.  And you don't have issues enabled on github so I have to report it here.

image.png?ex=65cdc488&is=65bb4f88&hm=9b889a184a8d13a323c9737a46d27ae4ba3053b926f741c9722a64158c278ec1&

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2024 at 3:25 AM, JonnyOThan said:

hey @linuxgurugamer I've seen a few reports of degraded performance because of log spam.  Seems like a new issue introduced in the last version.  Also your readme on github is pointing to the old thread, not this one.  And you don't have issues enabled on github so I have to report it here.

image.png?ex=65cdc488&is=65bb4f88&hm=9b889a184a8d13a323c9737a46d27ae4ba3053b926f741c9722a64158c278ec1&

@linuxgurugamer pinging again.

Oh oops the image was lost somewhere...anyway here's the problem: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PersistentRotation/blob/8bf6c6c9415d2080fc984f16b86b29371f9c0985/Source/MechJebWrapper.cs#L198

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 3/24/2024 at 9:03 PM, JonnyOThan said:

I'll take care of it

New release, 1.9.1.10

• Removed unnecessary debug lines which were spamming the log
  • Updated README.md