a common suggestions/before you post for ksp2

jastrone

the ksp 2 discussion has basicly become a sugestion forum so it should have the same rules like the suggestions and development discussion. for example no suggestion to include mods. here are some things i see posted very often:

discussion about easter eggs

adding mods

procedural parts/scaling parts

realistic things that are random that just punish you and add nothing to the game(solar flares,planets coliding etc)

dlc(wont come untill longafter the game is finnished anyways)

32 minutes ago, jastrone said:

for example no suggestion to include mods.

Most of desirable features for KSP2 are already mods for KSP1, talking in mod terms simplifies the discussion (unless we're talking about mods like MJ that do 4200 different things at the same time).

The game isn't here yet, the informations given by the Devs are few and sparse, what you'd want to see in this section if not people talking about what they would like to have in the game and what not?

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

informations given by the Devs are few and sparse

it's gonna stay that way too. The devs want to spoil as little as possible, and it's a good thing as well. The best of KSP 2 is what they don't want us to see. Which is why we only see the pre-alpha footage.

I see no problem with threads giving ideas or desires for the sequel. I mean after all isn't that what the forums is about?

Just now, The Doodling Astronaut said:

it's gonna stay that way too. The devs want to spoil as little as possible, and it's a good thing as well. 

I don't know if it is a good thing, but I presume that the marketing people at Private Division know how to do their jobs better than us.

If they stick with the original 6 months marketing campaign idea we should start to see an increase of reveals some times between fall and the end of this year.

1 minute ago, Master39 said:

I don't know if it is a good thing, but I presume that the marketing people at Private Division know how to do their jobs better than us.

If they stick with the original 6 months marketing campaign idea we should start to see an increase of reveals some times between fall and the end of this year.

They aren't gonna reveal big parts of the game though, they have been pretty secretive about big parts like Multiplayer and Planets and Future tech. And have been less secretive on things that are from KSP 1 like Kerbals. I could see them doing some increase of reveals, but those reveals will be things we already knew about plus a little more

10 hours ago, Awfulwaffle said:

I know it’ll probably be modded in but I think it would be an interesting idea to, later in the game, design your own parts within realistic limits. I’m just throwing out some thoughts.

it would work but woyld be hard when it comes to what it would look like. feels more like you could upgrade parts instead. also since there would be limits there would be a best part and everyone would make it so tey ight as well spend less time by just making the part

On 3/23/2021 at 10:47 AM, Master39 said:

100% not revealing game features is a good thing. You know what happens when you tell your fans a bunch of cool features that will be in your game?? Just ask the people that made Cyberpunk and No Man's sky.

Developers everywhere need to tease a bit of their game while not revealing excrements before their games are done. Otherwise all it does is over promise and set expectations that they may not end up being able to live up to.

This may well have been discussed elsewhere, but I hope that ksp2 tech tree makes more use of probes and unmanned tech before manned. Playing through a new save now and wishing there was more capability and need to send probes and unmanned missions before sending kerbals up. 

54 minutes ago, ConArt70 said:

This may well have been discussed elsewhere, but I hope that ksp2 tech tree makes more use of probes and unmanned tech

me too. its only usefull in career when you transmit science and dnt save the probe. hopefully well have some sort of lifesuport in ksp2 when we get colonies